Aus products

Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:38 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aus products

Has anyone found Aus products in their local supermarket or market etc? I have found Tim Tams, MIlo and SPC fruit in my local Sainsburys but was wondering if there were any other shops that could be recommended for Aus fair.

Also has anyone used any of the Au/nz shops online for bits n pieces? Are there any shops in central London that can be recommended?
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of
Default Re: Aus products

I regularly buy the Australian olive oil from tescos, I also found some nice australian honey and there is also biscuits I have seen from OZ, not much else though.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:54 pm
Aussie in Hertfordshire

moocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant future

my local waitrose does Bundaberg ginger beer which was a godsend with morning sickness.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

All the supermarkets have a very nice range of Aussie wines - you can even get Banrock Station in big boxes!!!

Have you found vegemite yet?

My son used to frequent the Australia Shop in Covent Garden when he got homesick for something
http://www.australiashop.co.uk/
Old Oct 8th 2007, 10:59 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

just a thought - why not take pleasure out of getting things that are in abundance in the UK whilst you are there. Products of UK & rest of Europe, like the wide range of cheeses, french/italian wine etc you just don't get the range in Oz, or has a much higher price tag
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:15 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj
just a thought - why not take pleasure out of getting things that are in abundance in the UK whilst you are there. Products of UK & rest of Europe, like the wide range of cheeses, french/italian wine etc you just don't get the range in Oz, or has a much higher price tag
I do already, but there are certain things that I really find a treat.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by killamarsh
Has anyone found Aus products in their local supermarket or market etc? I have found Tim Tams, MIlo and SPC fruit in my local Sainsburys but was wondering if there were any other shops that could be recommended for Aus fair.

Also has anyone used any of the Au/nz shops online for bits n pieces? Are there any shops in central London that can be recommended?
hi
you can vegemite in asda & our local supermarket also sell bundaberg ginger beer
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:50 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

Try visiting Lakelands, they have Australian items - not many admittedly, but occasionally you can get something a little different than the supermarket.

I think they have Buderim Ginger and ginger ale at the moment. They always have the Darryl Lee Licorice and occasionally different herbs and spices.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 6:40 pm
Canberra bound

Originally Posted by Blossom
Try visiting Lakelands, they have Australian items - not many admittedly, but occasionally you can get something a little different than the supermarket.

I think they have Buderim Ginger and ginger ale at the moment. They always have the Darryl Lee Licorice and occasionally different herbs and spices.
AHHH real licorice - That is something you can't find here - well I haven't so far. Thanks for that.