aus military

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

toobs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default aus military

Advice please on transferring from brit forces to aus forces and is it true aus forces recently set up a commando force?
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 5:28 pm
WBB

Default Re: aus military

Originally posted by toobs
Advice please on transferring from brit forces to aus forces and is it true aus forces recently set up a commando force?
i dont think it can be done, you have to leave the UK mob first and then apply once you have aussie citizenship (or maybe PR, not too sure)

stand easy

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Toobs - you dont say which force be it Army, Navy or RAF - I guess Army hence the interest in 'commando' - I know it is possible to tx to the Aus Navy for sure and have known many who have done it. I cant speek for the other two services but I do know a forum member who is going through the process at the moment (I've sent you a PM with his details) so it might be worth while droping him a PM. I would imagine though, that whatever the service you should be able to get the info through your DO.

Best of luck

Regards

Scot
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Default Aus military thanks

Thanks for the reply ive never been on a forum beforeso just finding my feet.
im in the marines so i am part of the navy but dont think aus have a marine corps hence the interest in cdos.
do you know much about perth and which part of aus would you recommend im hoping the military experience might get me in!
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:10 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Look at http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/career...l#SelectionPro

need to be an oz citizen or PR.
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough
Default ANSWER FROM OZ

Hello, I recently asked the question to immigration in Oz, I was told, a VISA would not be issued until they have exit papers in their hands. Then once there you can apply for a post in the service.

Mike
RAF
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aus military thanks

Thanks for the reply ive never been on a forum beforeso just finding my feet.
im in the marines so i am part of the navy but dont think aus have a marine corps hence the interest in cdos.
do you know much about perth and which part of aus would you recommend im hoping the military experience might get me in!
I think Aussie SAS is based in Perth.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:12 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Amazulu
Look at http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/career...l#SelectionPro

need to be an oz citizen or PR.

yeah, this is brought up from time to time and i have read here before that you MUST leave the UK forces first and obviously get PR/citizenship.

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

jjmand is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know if there are any web sites appertaining to joining any of the Australian forces. I am not computer literate and am not very good at surfing the web. I find the sea alot easier.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: ANSWER FROM OZ

Originally posted by marson
Hello, I recently asked the question to immigration in Oz, I was told, a VISA would not be issued until they have exit papers in their hands. Then once there you can apply for a post in the service.

Mike
RAF
Cheers Mike
did you leave the RAF to go to aus to join their forces?
if so how different did you find it?
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough

I am in the middle of my application, I was given the answer form Oz immigration. I am undecided about what to do in oz, luckily I have a fair few options, I'm an armourer in the RAF now, so I have applied under trade - Gunsmith, but not much work for gunsmiths, but I'm also a welder and an Engineering Technician, so Oz air force is just a maybe at this stage m8

Mike
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

jjmand is an unknown quantity at this point

Mike

PM'd you
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

colinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant future

Guys,

I'm transferring to the Oz Army in Nov, and have had my visa for 2 months and still serving in the UK Army.

Cdo Unit - 4 RAR in Sydney.

Hope this helps.

Colin
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 8:47 pm
WBB

Originally posted by colinmorgan
Guys,

I'm transferring to the Oz Army in Nov, and have had my visa for 2 months and still serving in the UK Army.

Cdo Unit - 4 RAR in Sydney.

Hope this helps.

Colin
i thought that they wanted to see your discharge papers and military police clearance before you could apply.

when you say transferring, how does it work?

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

colinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant future

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i thought that they wanted to see your discharge papers and military police clearance before you could apply.

when you say transferring, how does it work?

Proof of discharge is fine. RMP reports only required for countries served in for more than 12 months.

I finish my time with the Brit army 30 Oct, sign on the Oz army 1 Nov.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.