aus military

Old Apr 4th 2004, 7:02 pm
FNG

The Cahills is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys, new to all this but here goes.
Brit Army SGT RLC Former RAOC almost 20 yrs about to PVR to join Aussie Army. Have been given an offer of employment as a SGT in RAAOC for no less than 3 years. Hope to be there by OCT this year, Backflips down the RHQ corridor with my fingers up in the air I can tell you, how would you expect me to feel.

Just about to apply for my visa, police checks will be fine as I'm squeeky and have never been found out

I have a good contact that has made the leap from Corps to Corps but he has done his 22

Need to serve till I'm 55 or I would hate myself for becoming a civvy, what could be worse apart from a civvy settled in Blighty. Sorry, sour grapes as i was priced out of the housing market when I was serving in Brunei a couple of years ago.

I am now currently serving in Germany

If your stuck for info, then give me an e-mail. will be glad to hel if I can.

Geordie Cahill
[email protected]
Old Apr 5th 2004, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by The Cahills
Brit Army SGT RLC Former RAOC almost 20 yrs about to PVR to join Aussie Army.
Geordie Cahill
[email protected]

That's a fair bit of gratuity and pension lost - why not wait till after 22 years?

Steve
Old Apr 5th 2004, 9:51 pm
FNG

The Cahills is an unknown quantity at this point

Cos it's not often that your lottery Nos come up once let alone twice and I need the security of knowing how my life is to be mapped out. the thought of being a civvy is arse.

So when I got an acceptance to get another 18 years service in, I thought i had better take it, Money for old rope having done 19 already.

Geordie...........
Let me in, I don't like civvies....only the wife gets away with it in my book
Old Jun 30th 2004, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

pmntchambers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by colinmorgan
Proof of discharge is fine. RMP reports only required for countries served in for more than 12 months.

I finish my time with the Brit army 30 Oct, sign on the Oz army 1 Nov.

Last edited by pmntchambers; Jun 30th 2004 at 1:29 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

pmntchambers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by The Cahills
Hi Guys, new to all this but here goes.
Brit Army SGT RLC Former RAOC almost 20 yrs about to PVR to join Aussie Army. Have been given an offer of employment as a SGT in RAAOC for no less than 3 years. Hope to be there by OCT this year, Backflips down the RHQ corridor with my fingers up in the air I can tell you, how would you expect me to feel.

Just about to apply for my visa, police checks will be fine as I'm squeeky and have never been found out

I have a good contact that has made the leap from Corps to Corps but he has done his 22

Need to serve till I'm 55 or I would hate myself for becoming a civvy, what could be worse apart from a civvy settled in Blighty. Sorry, sour grapes as i was priced out of the housing market when I was serving in Brunei a couple of years ago.

I am now currently serving in Germany

If your stuck for info, then give me an e-mail. will be glad to hel if I can.

Geordie Cahill
[email protected]
Very new to this site. My husband has also been accepted by the Australian Army. He is also RLC (former RAOC) Unfortuantely we are in UK (not lucky enough to be in Germany) but have also been in Brunei.

Where are you posted? We have been given a posting to Townsville - date tbc - pending visas.

Would love to hear of your experience - it has taken 2 years + for us - Iraq war did hold it up slightly.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

B McAleese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: aus military

It is possible to join the australian forces whether still serving or not . You need to apply through the Australian High Commission in London and they will then inform you on how to proceed. I have just gone through the process and have been allocated a position.

Good Luck.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

glm36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by B McAleese
It is possible to join the australian forces whether still serving or not . You need to apply through the Australian High Commission in London and they will then inform you on how to proceed. I have just gone through the process and have been allocated a position.

Good Luck.
Hi, I applied in Feb 04 to the SCMA in melbourne, but, as to date have not received a reply, I've filled in all the necessary paperwork relevant to the trade that I want to transfer to. How long has it taken for you to receive a reply?

Cheers
Old Nov 9th 2004, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by glm36
Hi, I applied in Feb 04 to the SCMA in melbourne, but, as to date have not received a reply, I've filled in all the necessary paperwork relevant to the trade that I want to transfer to. How long has it taken for you to receive a reply?

Cheers
I sent my application in May and had a reply in July.

It may be that the Corps assesors are either taking their time or that you have slipped through a net somewhere. SCMA transitions is closed until early 2005, so I woiuld email them then. You may get a reply if you email sooner but I doubt it.

PM if you need more info.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

glm36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by njk435
I sent my application in May and had a reply in July.

It may be that the Corps assesors are either taking their time or that you have slipped through a net somewhere. SCMA transitions is closed until early 2005, so I woiuld email them then. You may get a reply if you email sooner but I doubt it.

PM if you need more info.
Cheers mate, I have been dealing with a lady called Sue. I'm not in a mad rush really, how come the SCMA are shut until 2005? I may just drop a line via snail mail to see if I get a reply.

I'm currently in the AGC(SPS), I'm trying to transfer to either the RAAOC or RAAPC as you know can do both jobs (was originally in the RAOC).

Thanks
Old Nov 10th 2004, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

thegreatmughal is on a distinguished road

hi all,
can anyone tel me what are the minimum qualifications in entering the aus military or aus air force in OFFICER'S CADRE like QUALIFICATION, AGE, NATIONALITY etc... also pls let me know the physical standards of the applicant like body weight, body height etc...
for curiosity, can people who migrated (or in a process of migration, PR people) to oz, apply in aus military or air force?

cheers & all the best to all the applicants !!!
Old Nov 10th 2004, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thegreatmughal
hi all,
can anyone tel me what are the minimum qualifications in entering the aus military or aus air force in OFFICER'S CADRE like QUALIFICATION, AGE, NATIONALITY etc... also pls let me know the physical standards of the applicant like body weight, body height etc...
for curiosity, can people who migrated (or in a process of migration, PR people) to oz, apply in aus military or air force?

cheers & all the best to all the applicants !!!
Have a look at :

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/career...aInfoBody.html

Hope this helps!
Old Nov 18th 2004, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

B McAleese is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glm36

Cheers
You need to apply to the High Commission who will let you know what the recruiting situation is. If you are suitable they will send you a lateral application pack, with the additional information you need to include in the application to join the Australian Army.
An address in Australia is included to send the pack too when completed, hopefully when they have looked at your application they will reply and let you know what the next steps are that you need to do.
Be patient as this decision can take several months, mine took 6!

Good luck.
Old Nov 20th 2004, 5:45 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toobs
Advice please on transferring from brit forces to aus forces and is it true aus forces recently set up a commando force?
If you need advice about naval stuff, please feel free to PM me.

I work directly with the ANZAC class FFH, but can get you info about the FFG's or subs as well, cos they are also based here in Perth (well Rockingham - garden island) as well as fleet support plus logistics unit etc....

We also have army and RAAF here in perth so if you need info about those will be able to give contacts in the recruiting division.
Old Nov 20th 2004, 5:55 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
If you need advice about naval stuff, please feel free to PM me.

I work directly with the ANZAC class FFH, but can get you info about the FFG's or subs as well, cos they are also based here in Perth (well Rockingham - garden island) as well as fleet support plus logistics unit etc....

We also have army and RAAF here in perth so if you need info about those will be able to give contacts in the recruiting division.
PS. We have an RN LEUT serving with ANZAC at the moment on an 18 month exchange program, so that might be worth looking into also as a test run to see if you like the ADF.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 8:48 am
Just Joined

thebluearmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by toobs
Advice please on transferring from brit forces to aus forces and is it true aus forces recently set up a commando force?
Am joing 4 RAR (CDO) in Apr, last day in brit army is mid Jan. If u still need any advice or info on transferring send me a PR and i`ll be glad to assist

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.