Aus Helmet Laws

Old Aug 5th 2007, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

tazkenny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aus Helmet Laws

Hi,

I am planning to bring my bike over to Sydney with me and by pure chance came across a mention of large fines and helmet confiscation if your helmet does not conform to AS1698.
I paid £300 for my Shoei helmet which is sold in Aus, but naturally don't want my helmet confiscated if I use it. How have you all got around this issue ?

Are there any other safety standards that I need to look out for on leathers etc ?

Cheers
Old Aug 5th 2007, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

dairic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aus Helmet Laws

You will have to get a new lid, but on the bright side they are snell tested out there which is more strict than our ec 2205. I don't think it matters with leathers etc as it's not a legal requirement to wear them.
I need a new lid but obviously i'm waiting
Old Aug 5th 2007, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

tazkenny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dairic
You will have to get a new lid, but on the bright side they are snell tested out there which is more strict than our ec 2205. I don't think it matters with leathers etc as it's not a legal requirement to wear them.
I need a new lid but obviously i'm waiting
No way, I just bought it. That's annoying, especially as the exact same helmet is sold in Aus.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 8:14 pm
Essex Staffy

daveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tazkenny
No way, I just bought it. That's annoying, especially as the exact same helmet is sold in Aus.
I would wear it and not worry, i have an arai rx7 and there is no way im replacing until needs be,
Dave
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:35 pm
HCJ
Forum Regular

HCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by daveplumber
I would wear it and not worry, i have an arai rx7 and there is no way im replacing until needs be,
Dave
Just buy an AS1698 sticker and stick it on your RX7, they come up on eBay quite regularly.