Reload this Page >

AUS - Got the PR VISA

AUS - Got the PR VISA

Old Mar 31st 2002, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

Thomas will become famous soon enough
Default AUS - Got the PR VISA

Hi All,

Am I glad to tell all of you that I have those stickers on our passports !! Yeah, we have got it. The cut off date for the first visit is January 2003. So we have some time on hand.

I shall post the timeline on the other website soon. Please bear with me for a couple of days while we enjoy our new status.

I have this question - Can I make the first trip all alone and then return to pack up & take my wife and kids a month or two later? Is it necessary that all of us travel together for the first trip?

BTW, we are still undecided about whether it should be Sydney or Melbourne. Yes, its the economic conditions - availability of jobs etc. that keeps us thinking about Sydney and comparing the good and bad about Sydney and Melbourne. Any ideas ?

Wishing good luck to all of you who are waiting for the ultimate approval.... Yes each one of you would one day be posting a message on these lines (wishing good luck to the others in the line). Let that day be sooner, than later.

Cheers
Old Mar 31st 2002, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Default Re: AUS - Got the PR VISA

Hi Thomas,

Firstly, Congratulations on getting that valuable bit of paper stuck into your passport....it's a great feeling isn't it?

I think if you read the thread below by Shortis, he asks a similar question and it has a couple of good answers.

BTW, lots of luck, hope you & your family have a wonderful new life, wherever you decide to live.

sophia x
Old Mar 31st 2002, 11:35 am
Jaj

Congratulations. As long as all of you enter Australia before Jan 2003, what you
suggest is ok.

You'll find real-estate rather expensive in Sydney (unless you're a Londoner) and the
climate in Melbourne is rather Europe-like for some. Have you considered other
destinations like Brisbane or Perth?

Jeremy

>Hi All,
    >
    >Am I glad to tell all of you that I have those stickers on our passports
    >!! Yeah, we have got it. The cut off date for the first visit is January
    >2003. So we have some time on hand.
    >
    >
    >I have this question - Can I make the first trip all alone and then return to pack
    >up & take my wife and kids a month or two later? Is it necessary that all of us
    >travel together for the first trip?
    >
    >BTW, we are still undecided about whether it should be Sydney or Melbourne. Yes, its
    >the economic conditions - availability of jobs etc. that keeps us thinking about
    >Sydney and comparing the good and bad about Sydney and Melbourne. Any ideas ?
    >
    >Wishing good luck to all of you who are waiting for the ultimate approval.... Yes
    >each one of you would one day be posting a message on these lines (wishing good luck
    >to the others in the line). Let that day be sooner, than later.
    >
    >Cheers
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Tom
    >
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 3rd 2002, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Thomas will become famous soon enough

Thanks Sophia and Jeremy.

Yeah I saw this message and also the one sent to me by Nigel (Thanks again, Nigel). I’m planning a trip with my wife and daughter, sometime in July.

BTW, I live in Hong Kong and the school year is from Sept to June. So July would be the next long vacation that my daughter would get. I know it’d be cold and even rainy and not the right time for a trip down under. But then can’t help it.

Jeremy, though I’m concerned about the real estate prices in Sydney (and Melbourne), the chances of securing a well paying job are much higher in Sydney than Melbourne and needless to say Perth or Brisbane. This is one of the reasons why I’ve not thought about the other places. Moreover, education in Sydney should be of great standards (don’t ask me where I got this idea from. I presume so because the University of Sydney is one of the best in Australia and hence the schools, with such a big multicultural society, should be great, too. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Is there any place that I can compare the lifestyles, standards, education quality, pollution levels, crime rate etc. between the different cities in Australia (and also between international cities)? I would be thankful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Cheers