aus 4 a year

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

matcav is an unknown quantity at this point
Default aus 4 a year

hi im recently new to the forum and have found some excellent advice.

Im australian (dual nationality)and are going back to australia in august for the first time sine i was about 1,for a year(upto now) i cant wait!
Im going to pose a few question that i hope i will find some advice about.

1) The flight.
I am booking it with STA travel, flying with emirates at the end of august. For a return flight from manchester, re-fuel in dubai(may stopover) fly into perth, then fly out of sydney back to manchester a year later its £680 inc tax.
I think this is very reasonable, any thoughts or any other places to book a flight would be very appreciated.

2) Accommodation
We are lookin to live in perth for 6 months working for the whole time. The prices seem cheap for fully furnished flats/units/appartments. Any nice areas to live in?

3) Work
We are both graduates from a repuatable UK university however have little experience as we only graduated June 04. My degree is in economics, what are the choices and chances of getting a temp job in this field 9accounting/finance).

The rest of the year
We plan to travel across from perth then up the east coast, as far north as possible then back down to sydney for the flight home
The choice of transport is train, are they expensive, reliable.
We also plan to do quite a lot of camping whilst 'travelling', are ther GOOD campsites on the journey(ie ones with good facilities) and whats the average price p/night?

Any reccommendations, advice or do's and donts would be very very very appreciated, cheers folks.
Great forum, keep up the good work!!!