Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aunt Bessies Yorkys

Aunt Bessies Yorkys

Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Aunt Bessies Yorkys

Hi All
Can you get these in Melbourne? My aunt and uncle are staying with us and they live in Melbourne. I had a feeling that I had read a previous thread stating that you could get them in aus? Am i imagining it? Any help would be grateful.
Irene
Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:48 pm
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice
Default Re: Aunt Bessies Yorkys

Originally posted by parkhigh
Hi All
Can you get these in Melbourne? My aunt and uncle are staying with us and they live in Melbourne. I had a feeling that I had read a previous thread stating that you could get them in aus? Am i imagining it? Any help would be grateful.
Irene
I've seen them in Foodland, $6.50

jib
Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:53 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
Irene
why don't you just make em? homemade taste much better than aunt bessies rubber things never been a Yorkshire Pudding believe me i'm a born and bred yorkshire lass!!
Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:54 pm

Hi All
Irene
P.S COST ABOUT $1 TO MAKE
Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:55 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Irene - why don't you make your own??? They're soooo easy to make.

This makes 4 big ones ....ooer
3oz flour - sifted
3fl oz milk
2 fl oz water
1 egg
salt & pepper

mix 'em all together....pour in a heated greased yorkie pud tray.....wang 'em in a hot oven for about 30 mins ish and bob's your uncle!

Petra
Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:57 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by possoms
why don't you just make em? homemade taste much better than aunt bessies rubber things never been a Yorkshire Pudding believe me i'm a born and bred yorkshire lass!!

PP...when I get home to Oz, I will be on to ya for the recipe and how to make them....

I had never had a yorkie till I came to the UK 3 1/2 yrs ago and since getting here, only ever had the frozen ones or the frozen batter you can buy....

Would love to go home and tell everyone that I had learnt to make them "propper like" while over here....

Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:58 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by artep
Irene - why don't you make your own??? They're soooo easy to make.

This makes 4 big ones ....ooer
3oz flour - sifted
3fl oz milk
2 fl oz water
1 egg
salt & pepper

mix 'em all together....pour in a heated greased yorkie pud tray.....wang 'em in a hot oven for about 30 mins ish and bob's your uncle!

Petra

Well now that you have posted this...might have to practice now....
Old Jul 29th 2004, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all
thanks everyone for your responses. the recipe was not for me but for my aunt. she loves them and says her own home made are not so good. I will let her know foodland sells them.
Anyone else?
Irene
Old Jul 29th 2004, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

The trick is to have your oven ABSOLUTELY red hot and preheat the oil in the yorkie tin - almost to smoking point......

and don't open the oven until they're done, or else they'll sink!
Old Jul 29th 2004, 7:26 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you know your way round the kitchen Petra.
It's where all women should stay.

ps
Actually Tom, Dick and Harry are my uncles
Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:23 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix
Glad you know your way round the kitchen Petra.
It's where all women should stay.
Oi Bixie....put a sock in it or I'll be round to wallop you one wiv me creoles...
Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:30 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Now, now........I won't be bribed......you little temptress you
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:05 pm
....is FAB

yea you will....you old slapper
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:09 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Have to agree the frozen ones are great if you are in a rush and don't mind them over crispy but you can't beat your own. Again I am a true yorkshire lass brought up on them!!!!

I'm from the village where that guy who murdered 4 in yorkshire was found! Glad I was out of the way in Oz!!!!

Jo
Old Jul 31st 2004, 1:04 am

Originally posted by joh117
Have to agree the frozen ones are great if you are in a rush and don't mind them over crispy but you can't beat your own. Again I am a true yorkshire lass brought up on them!!!!

I'm from the village where that guy who murdered 4 in yorkshire was found! Glad I was out of the way in Oz!!!!

Jo
yeah I believe they're saying he did it cos he was given aunt bessie's yorkshire puds instead o his mams trust me make yer own
:scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.