Wikiposts

Auctions NZ

Old Aug 27th 2003, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Auctions NZ

Hi,

I said I would update those interested in our experience at an auction. We went last night so here goes

First shock was the amount of people there must have been 150 plus! There was a catalogue issued as you entered the room showing all the properties available, in total ten ranging from sections of land to brand new five bed out of our price range type places! and everything in between.

If you are a people watcher like me its a very interesting place. Ian and I decided to guess the price the places would go for and are pleased to say we were pretty close on most.

The auction started with auctioning a Teddy bear for charity which was great as it got everyone used to bidding the teddy went for $70!!

The whole affair was quite exhilarating and really got the adrenilin going. I dread to think what it would be like if we were actually bidding. Ian reckons I will do the bidding but he will control my arm going up! Alot of the bidding went up in $5.000 lots but some bids got down to as low as $100 per increase. it was really good fun, the auctioneer was very amusing and there are lots of agents around the room to help and offer advice with the bidding.

One good sign for us was that a property we went to see at the weekend which we assumed would be out of our price range was sold for well within our price limit so that was encouraging for us. Off to another one tonight and who knows next week we might be bidding ourselves!!

Tori
Old Aug 27th 2003, 9:26 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auctions NZ

Thanks Tori - Good info!

What areas are you looking in now? Nelson or Richmond, or somewhere else?

Regards,

Southerner
Old Aug 27th 2003, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Auctions NZ

Thanks Tori, sounds like fun!

I heard that some are held in the actual house, have you come across this yet? Great if you're the only one to turn up!
Old Aug 28th 2003, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

Yes some are held in the actual house, so yes there would be fewer people compared to the auction house, last nights auction must have had over 200 people there!

Are latest plans are to buy an older traditional property "a doer upper!" (as theysay!!)either here in central Nelson or may be further out if we find the right kind of place.

Ian just got promoted at work which is good but the pay still is not so good so under debate at the moment, fingers crossed we will see an increase in the next few weeks, which will help on the mortgage front.

Hope all your plans are going well

Tori