Auckland

Old Feb 23rd 2003, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

Shal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Auckland

What are the best places to live in Auckland. My husband has a job offer there and we have three children, age 13, 12, 10., I know that you need to live in the zones for the best schools. Ihave been looking at the North Shore, but will probably rent a property before commiting to - is this a good idea?? Also would
approx $65,000 be a decent wage? HELP????
Old Feb 24th 2003, 2:23 am
Just Joined

arthurm is an unknown quantity at this point

north shore is a good idea - best place to live in the region (IMHO). if job is in auckland city hubby will need to queue on harbour bridge each day - tedious. renting IS a good idea many mistakes are avoided by people who rent before buying. $65,000 is a good wage (depends on the job of course)
Old Feb 24th 2003, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting over the harbour bridge twice a day is The major drawback of living on the shore (as it's known here in Akl) IMO.

Nice areas on the City side of the bridge are (incidentally the most expensive areas as well!): Parnell, Mission Bay, St Heliers, Kohimarima, Remuera, Epsom, Ponsonby, St. Marys Bay, Freemans Bay, Grey Lynn. Mt Eden is OK as well.

Russ.