Auburn NSW

Old Feb 19th 2005, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice
Default Auburn NSW

Hi I have been offered a position in a hospital in Auburn, does anyone know of this area. any info on houses, schools places to be or not to be would be extremely helpful.

thank you
Chris
Old Feb 19th 2005, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Auburn NSW

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Hi I have been offered a position in a hospital in Auburn, does anyone know of this area. any info on houses, schools places to be or not to be would be extremely helpful.

thank you
Chris
It's one of the poorer areas of Sydney I understand, I have been there a couple of times.

Personally it wouldn't be for me - but there will be lots of people on here who know it better.

Rgds Jim
Old Feb 19th 2005, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jimbo9
It's one of the poorer areas of Sydney I understand, I have been there a couple of times.

Personally it wouldn't be for me - but there will be lots of people on here who know it better.

Rgds Jim

Thanks Jim these are the things I need to know before making decisions. I am a midwife and have no probs working in a poor area but want to live somewhere 'nice' , any suggestions of places within hours commute would be welcome,

Chris
Old Feb 19th 2005, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

BillyGoatGruff is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Jim these are the things I need to know before making decisions. I am a midwife and have no probs working in a poor area but want to live somewhere 'nice' , any suggestions of places within hours commute would be welcome,

Chris

it's as rough as guts. there's loads within an hours commute of there (although presumably you want to drive rather than train with the hours you'll be on) have a search for the "hills" area - we lived up there for nearly a year when we first arrived, t'was fine
Old Feb 19th 2005, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
it's as rough as guts. there's loads within an hours commute of there (although presumably you want to drive rather than train with the hours you'll be on) have a search for the "hills" area - we lived up there for nearly a year when we first arrived, t'was fine
Yes will need to drive as will be on shifts, do I search for Auburn hills?
Any where else you would recommend for a family?
Any views on Sidney or areas I believe it to be half hour drive Auburn to Sidney

Chris
Old Feb 19th 2005, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Any views on Sidney or areas I believe it to be half hour drive Auburn to Sidney

Chris
no, the hills region of sydney. have a search on domain and see what you think.

Jon
Old Feb 19th 2005, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
no, the hills region of sydney. have a search on domain and see what you think.

Jon
Thank you
Old Feb 19th 2005, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you
s'not a problem .
Old Feb 19th 2005, 8:48 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

No - search for Hills District. It's in the north-west part of Sydney.
A nice area for families.

Chris
The correct spelling of Sydney is with a 'y' - not an 'i'.

Auburn is part of the Sydney metropolitan area. You need to know that in Australia the address includes only the suburb - so an address containing 'Sydney' or 'Melbourne' is right in the middle of the CBD.

Jeremy
Old Feb 19th 2005, 9:23 pm
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute

thank you
Chris
Parts of Strathfield and the southern part of Burwood have traditionally been regarded as very fine suburbs - certainly the housing stock is very fine - and are not very far from Auburn. Closer to things than the Hills District, but not as family-oriented.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 5:28 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you
Chris
I used to work in Auburn until last August. Auburn has been the first port of call for poor migrants for at least the last 50 years. The area has the same problems as many poor Sydney burbs in the west but it also has some great food and it has a multi cultural feel. Turkish migrants are the current dominant migrant group but there are plenty of Sudanese refugees from Darfur arriving.

I felt safe there during the day but I would not wander around at night as there were some murders and muggings after dark.

The nicest suburb nearby is Strathfield and as suggested parts of Burwood are good. The traffic in the area isn't great. Out of rush hour I could drive Bondi to Auburn in 45 mins. In rush hour it would take over an hour. To train it 1 hour 30 minutes.

Driving anywhere from the hills is a nightmare due to the scarcity of public transport. The hills would also be Ned Flanders suburb of choice.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for your replies guys, might need to rethink, what you have all said could explain why they are having to recruit outside the country.
Does not sound like the sort of place I would want to take my children to.

would quite happily work in hospital but its coming home late at night, don't want to be overly frightened about own safety.

there are plenty of jobs might enquire what else is available

Thanks again Chris