Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

AU:Form 47sk-Skilled indep-form?

AU:Form 47sk-Skilled indep-form?

Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:30 am
Just Joined

rash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AU:Form 47sk-Skilled indep-form?

Hello,
i am filling the general Skilled indep category visa-Form 47sk
i dont want to apply for the 'skill matching'- visa-
DO i need to fill the PART I(Skill Matching Scheme)- for skill matching also?
The Part -I on the form says - for skill indep and skill matching
and then says:
"If u are skilled independent applicant and do not want to have your details on the skill matching database then pls tick this box..."

Then do i fill the Part-I and tick that check box??
Thanks
Rashmi
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AU:Form 47sk-Skilled indep-form?

Originally posted by rash
Hello,
and then says:
"If u are skilled independent applicant and do not want to have your details on the skill matching database then pls tick this box..."

Thanks
Rashmi
Hi Rashmi

yes, this confused me a little too. However I did fill in Part 1 and then ticked the check box which said I did not want my details on the skill matching database.
Hope this helps, by the way they granted my visa, so must have done something right
Old Nov 4th 2003, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Hi

Just dragged out my form to check what I did - I just ticked the box saying didn't want to go on skills matching database and ignored next three pages.

Got my visa through OK.

Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Yeah, so did I.

Regards

Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Filled ours out recently with agents help and he told us to draw a line through the irrelevent pages with N/A written on them also, then tick the " no " box.

good luck.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 9:06 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by rash
Hello,
and then says:

Thanks
Rashmi

rashmi, just a quick question but have you got the latest version of the form? it was updated on november 1st. The reason i ask is on the latest version you don't get the box to tick it you don't want it. The form now instructs you just to go to the next section.

(i know coz i've just filled mine out this evening, after already doing so with the older form!)

Leigh (yeah another one! )
Old Nov 5th 2003, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scutterUK
rashmi, just a quick question but have you got the latest version of the form? it was updated on november 1st. The reason i ask is on the latest version you don't get the box to tick it you don't want it. The form now instructs you just to go to the next section.

(i know coz i've just filled mine out this evening, after already doing so with the older form!)

Leigh (yeah another one! )

Hmm.... now panicking and making quick call to agent regarding old form b4 it goes in.

Thanks Scutter.
Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:05 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by steandleigh
Hmm.... now panicking and making quick call to agent regarding old form b4 it goes in.

Thanks Scutter.
sorry penelope, i would have mentioned it to you sooner, i just thought you would have seen the other threads about this in the immigration forum.

Sorry chuck!!

vroom vroom.
Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

sorry penelope, i would have mentioned it to you sooner, i just thought you would have seen the other threads about this in the immigration forum.

Sorry chuck!!

vroom vroom.

No worries mate!
Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:19 am
life begins again...

No worries mate!

the changes arn't massive so it might not matter. it depends when you completed and posted it away. (i think!)

i held off with mine coz of the postal strikes, otherwise i would have sent it away on oct 30th! I've completed the new form now, but the changes didn't affect me anyway, so i think i would have gotten away with it. It's off in the post today!!!

let me know how you get on!

Leigh2.. oops .. peter P.
Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

the changes arn't massive so it might not matter. it depends when you completed and posted it away. (i think!)

i held off with mine coz of the postal strikes, otherwise i would have sent it away on oct 30th! I've completed the new form now, but the changes didn't affect me anyway, so i think i would have gotten away with it. It's off in the post today!!!

let me know how you get on!

Leigh2.. oops .. peter P.

Hi perfect peter!!!!

Looks like you managed to get off the starting blocks, on the second stage of the wacky races before us!

Ours is due to go in this friday, that is if we don't have to fill out new forms now!!!!

first person to get back their acknowledgement, gets the pigeon!!!!

penelope.
Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:37 am
life begins again...

Hi perfect peter!!!!

Looks like you managed to get off the starting blocks, on the second stage of the wacky races before us!

Ours is due to go in this friday, that is if we don't have to fill out new forms now!!!!

first person to get back their acknowledgement, gets the pigeon!!!!

penelope.

lol.... your on then!

(it must have been that sneaky dastedly trick i stole from dick! ) .....sscccchi scchhi scchhi scchhhi <-- sorry best mutley impression i could manage on here haha.
Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

lol.... your on then!

(it must have been that sneaky dastedly trick i stole from dick! ) .....sscccchi scchhi scchhi scchhhi <-- sorry best mutley impression i could manage on here haha.

LMAO!!!!!!!
Old Nov 6th 2003, 9:19 am
Just Joined

rash is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the October form...
Can i have the old form (bought from the au embassy in oct)- with just this page of Part-I -which has clarity and is without the checkbox...from the internet....
Or
then should I- fill that part-I with the ticked checkbox??
Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

THYE.A. is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there ,

I thought is no harm to fill in Part I , even if one is applying under Skill Inde.

My understanding is,if there is a job vacancy that suits me, the authority will contact me , then is for me to say yes or no to the job offer.

Putting the detail on Skill Matching database will not impede the application under Skill Inde.

Am I right ???????