Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

AU Child Benefit

AU Child Benefit

Old Jul 28th 2008, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice
Default AU Child Benefit

Can any body help with a rough idea on how much if any we would get for child benefit when we move to AU on a sub class 120 visa ( permanent ).

We have three children 2 years, 8 years and 17 (who said he is not stopping )

I should earn approx $60 and the wife does not want to work straight away

Cheers
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Stuey26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AU Child Benefit

Fairly certain that will be nothing you have to sign to say you will be self sufficent for the first two years with no right to ANY benefits at least with ours 137 permanent skilled you did and vertually certain thats the case for all. After all you haven't paid anything in to the system to get anything back
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

We went with a 137 and were entitled to child support etc.

Go to the centrelink website and have a read.

LibbyX
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

With a permanent visa you are entitled to rent rebate and child benefit definatley, like Libby said go to centrelink website!

Bluekipper
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

The Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to all

Here is the link for it, it will estimate how much you are entitled too

Sam

https://secure.centrelink.gov.au/Rat...OriginName=FAO
Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Brooks
Here is the link for it, it will estimate how much you are entitled too

Sam

https://secure.centrelink.gov.au/Rat...OriginName=FAO
Thanks guys
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Guys I know I must seem thick but I have just tried that web site and I do not understand half the questions

Things like student benefit and working credits? whats that all about
Old Jul 29th 2008, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Quite similar to the UK really in that your wage depends on how much you will recieve in the benefits, like family tax credits here sort of. So if your not there yet you will have to tell them your wage in dollars to what it was whilst in the UK. Hope this helps if not, someone will come along in a bit to explain better than me.

Bluekipper
Old Jul 29th 2008, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

The Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to all

just put your salary in and how many kids you got and then it will work it out for you, as for the rest you are not entitled to anything so just leave it blank

sam
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

goosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nice

just put your salary in and how many kids you got and then it will work it out for you, as for the rest you are not entitled to anything so just leave it blank

sam
Hi Sam ,

does it matter if you buy a house or rent ? And what about when when we first arrive or do we have to wait wait to see what we are earning ? Had a look at the web site , looks simlar to our tax credit . But some one said on here if you want to apply for your parents to come out on a parent visa you cant use it . Is this true do you know , or anyone else please ? We have a 136 skilled visa 2 kids age 4 & 5 . Hoping to get to Hervey Bay Jan 09 !!! Cant
wait !!!!!

Thanks Tam
Old Jul 30th 2008, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

All circumstances are different and it goes on your annual wage and the ages of the kids that you have. We get $262+ a fortnight and my husband is on good wages and I don't work.

You can claim the money straight away if you are entitled to it, I know that a lot of people are unaware they can even claim for it. We applied after we had been here for a few months as we didn't know that we could claim for anything and we had $1600+ put straight into our bank account. It was a nice surprise when you are not expecting it!

Hello to Sam and see you tomorrow for breakfast!

Sarah
Old Jul 30th 2008, 1:13 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stuey26
Fairly certain that will be nothing you have to sign to say you will be self sufficent for the first two years with no right to ANY benefits at least with ours 137 permanent skilled you did and vertually certain thats the case for all. After all you haven't paid anything in to the system to get anything back
The 2 year waiting period only applies to certain benefits, not "all" benefits as you suggest.

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...ly_arrived.htm
Old Jul 30th 2008, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by goosefat
Hi Sam ,

does it matter if you buy a house or rent ? And what about when when we first arrive or do we have to wait wait to see what we are earning ? Had a look at the web site , looks simlar to our tax credit . But some one said on here if you want to apply for your parents to come out on a parent visa you cant use it . Is this true do you know , or anyone else please ? We have a 136 skilled visa 2 kids age 4 & 5 . Hoping to get to Hervey Bay Jan 09 !!! Cant
wait !!!!!

Thanks Tam
If you are renting you will get rent assistance, but like sara said it all depends on your earnings and age of kids, that doesnt sound like it would be true with regards the parent visa, just go in to your local entrelink office when you arrive and i`m sure they will tell you the ins and outs.

Ha ha yes see you tommorow Sara for breakfast. xx
Old Jul 30th 2008, 11:55 am
mjj
Forum Regular

mjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mad.chef
All circumstances are different and it goes on your annual wage and the ages of the kids that you have. We get $262+ a fortnight and my husband is on good wages and I don't work.

You can claim the money straight away if you are entitled to it, I know that a lot of people are unaware they can even claim for it. We applied after we had been here for a few months as we didn't know that we could claim for anything and we had $1600+ put straight into our bank account. It was a nice surprise when you are not expecting it!

Hello to Sam and see you tomorrow for breakfast!

Sarah
But don't forget that Kevin Dudd decided to income test Family Tax B in the last budget. If the sole earner in the family earns more than 150K per year you will get nothing.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

goosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nice

If you are renting you will get rent assistance, but like sara said it all depends on your earnings and age of kids, that doesnt sound like it would be true with regards the parent visa, just go in to your local entrelink office when you arrive and i`m sure they will tell you the ins and outs.

Ha ha yes see you tommorow Sara for breakfast. xx
Thanks so much for the info .I will go there when I get there .

Tam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.