Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ATTN: Hev/Bordy/Gogodownunder

ATTN: Hev/Bordy/Gogodownunder

Old May 13th 2005, 12:15 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default ATTN: Hev/Bordy/Gogodownunder

Did you see that show the other night about 25 years of Kevin Sheedy? Was it any good? I meant to record it as we were out but I completely forgot about it until now..

How much longer do you think he'll be there (at essedon)? could you envisage him ever going to any other team?

I declare him the Australian Dario Grady!
Old May 13th 2005, 12:53 am
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of
Default Re: ATTN: Hev/Bordy/Gogodownunder

Originally Posted by NJJ
Did you see that show the other night about 25 years of Kevin Sheedy? Was it any good? I meant to record it as we were out but I completely forgot about it until now..

How much longer do you think he'll be there (at essedon)? could you envisage him ever going to any other team?

I declare him the Australian Dario Grady!
Take it easy with the username, mate

I'm boycotting Shady's jubilee. Was against his appointment all along. And history has proved me right. Its about the club not the coach. I won't deny he has been good for the game, I just wish he'd done it somewhere else.
Old May 13th 2005, 1:03 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
Take it easy with the username, mate

Oops! sorry thought that was what it was
Old May 13th 2005, 1:05 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gogdownunder

I'm boycotting Shady's jubilee. Was against his appointment all along. And history has proved me right. Its about the club not the coach. I won't deny he has been good for the game, I just wish he'd done it somewhere else.
Are there many fans you know of that dislike him? All I have met here so far seem to like KS.
Old May 13th 2005, 3:43 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I like him Even though i did wonder how hard it must have been to play for a side then coach another, but i guess thats what they do

I do wonder if he's a bit over it. Last year he used to race down at 1/4 time and lay into the team (not as horribly as Mick Malthouse) this year i havn't seen a face of thunder on him. I just wonder if he's apathetic does that have a knock on to the players.

Gog, why the problems with Sheeds appointment and where have you been proved right? Hes had four or is it five? premiership wins, that aint bad, ask The dogs or St kilda or Geelong etc if they would have liked a crack at it in that time

Last edited by hevs; May 13th 2005 at 3:47 am.
Old May 13th 2005, 4:09 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I like him to, hes a character if nothing else.
I set the tape to record his interview the other night on Ch 7 as I work nights.
Unfortunetly we had a power cut at 9pm & it stuffed the whole thing up so Ive not seen it.

I know the bombers are down just now but it seems more a lack of effort out in the field than Sheedys fault. I think hes done great going for so long without top priority picks.
Old May 13th 2005, 5:25 am
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hevs
Gog, why the problems with Sheeds appointment and where have you been proved right? Hes had four or is it five? premiership wins, that aint bad, ask The dogs or St kilda or Geelong etc if they would have liked a crack at it in that time
Sheeds had no claim to the job, he was a Richmond enforcer, a fairly dour back-pocket player who was better known for his fists than his skill. It took him too long to make the team into a force, then decimated the side in 86 so that he could import a couple of useless hacks from Collinwood who only stayed for a year. We should have at least been competitive in the 90 GF & didn't even get into the 96 GF. I wont even mention 01
We lost many good players over the years because of personality clashes & many prospective coaches had to move on.

I really think he would have been happier if he'd gone toRichmond at some stage.........I wish him luck