Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The attic is clear!!

The attic is clear!!

Old Oct 29th 2005, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default The attic is clear!!

Started packing up today. Probably be in a rental within the next 3 weeks. Then is Brisbane in July next.

So after clearing the attic I have 3 boxes sealed ready for the big move. Funny to think the next time I see the photos and books I will be in Queensland.

On the last straight now. Bring it on!!!!!
Old Oct 29th 2005, 8:35 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The attic is clear!!

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Started packing up today. Probably be in a rental within the next 3 weeks. Then is Brisbane in July next.

So after clearing the attic I have 3 boxes sealed ready for the big move. Funny to think the next time I see the photos and books I will be in Queensland.

We've cleared our attic out too. Only things left up there are Christmas decorations and suitcases. And we're not even going until next August, visa permitting
Julie
Old Oct 29th 2005, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
We've cleared our attic out too. Only things left up there are Christmas decorations and suitcases. And we're not even going until next August, visa permitting
Julie

wow you two are so organised, I've tried to get motivated but until we have our medicals I feel as if I can't get started. Mind you I did try to clear some of younger sons old toys last week - didnt' get very far. and yesterday i sorted out some drawers - why does so much rubbish collect in them.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Jeanette Jones will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: The attic is clear!!

Wow, that's what we've achieved today, just Xmas decorations and suitcases left up there now! Sold the wardrobes, sideboard and now have filled the living room and most of the dining room with the attic contents. We had to do this to enable us to sort through everything again. We move into rented accommodation just under two weeks time and fly to Perth 3/1/06. Son is also home this weekend from Uni sorting out his stuff, ie. what he is leaving here - at his Grandads house, what he is taking back to Uni and what can go with us to Aus. He won't be validating his visa the same time as us but will do so later next year. (God I'll miss him)!

Quite handy having the attic clear as can put up there any further items that we won't be taking with us but will car boot once in rented, I hope then that we'll have more time and will be less stressed than at present! Not been too bad really just a bit difficult trying to do everyday things and fitting all this in too, still loads have done it before us and I expect loads will do it after!

Good luck to everyone else in the same boat, wow, what a lot of work and we've still got paperwork to complete before Monday. What am I missing on TV, can't see any of mine past all the junk!

Jeanette and family.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeanette Jones
What am I missing on TV, can't see any of mine past all the junk!

Jeanette and family.
not much - i've just turned if off and put the radio on
Old Oct 29th 2005, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Suitecases left in attic, us too!!

We are not leaving until July next year, but the house will be sold later next month and rental accomm awaits until we leave.

But it is good to have the attic clear, I really thought that would be a sticking point, but all went well.

Just the kids toys and books to go now. Dont know how to tell them that they cant bring it all to Oz with them.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just the kids toys and books to go now. Dont know how to tell them that they cant bring it all to Oz with them.
this will be the hardest for me too - OH want's to just get rid of all their bits - he is so mean. try telling a 7 year old that his power ranger collection has got to go - I don't think so, oh and also sorry but all your action men and the tanks have to go too.
There may be trouble head......
Old Oct 29th 2005, 9:07 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Just get them to pick out a couple of favourite things and chuck the rest. I bet after a few days they won't remember what was left anyway .
Old Oct 29th 2005, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The attic is clear!!

Originally Posted by DebraH
not much - i've just turned if off and put the radio on
We've got more stuff in the loft than the rest of the house i have all the things the boys made at infants school all the mothers day cards etc all kinds of junk by the way there 29,and 33 now I'm so sad cant throw anything away Janet
Old Oct 29th 2005, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just get them to pick out a couple of favourite things and chuck the rest. I bet after a few days they won't remember what was left anyway .
Yup I supose so, otherwise the container will be filled with toys and sod everything else.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
We've got more stuff in the loft than the rest of the house i have all the things the boys made at infants school all the mothers day cards etc all kinds of junk by the way there 29,and 33 now I'm so sad cant throw anything away Janet
Oh, weve just packed all the home/nursey/school made mother/fathers day cards as well as birthday cards, christening cards and lots of other shite.

Just cant chuck it, one day Im sure it will be all worth transporting it to the other side of the planet!
Old Oct 29th 2005, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh, weve just packed all the home/nursey/school made mother/fathers day cards as well as birthday cards, christening cards and lots of other shite.

Just cant chuck it, one day Im sure it will be all worth transporting it to the other side of the planet!
I've got memory boxes for my two and it's hard to select the bits that I want in them. also got scrap books with art work and poems that they've created at school. oh and also creative writing - some of the stories, ha ha.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 9:17 pm
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by DebraH
Yup I supose so, otherwise the container will be filled with toys and sod everything else.
And £3500+ (or whatever!) is a lot of money just to carry a load of toys that they won't play with for much longer!

I have also just spent the last few days sorting out 1000's of photos that I found in the attic. Took me hours to sift through them all and going Oooh and Aaah! But I forced myself to be really ruthless and throw most of them away. I bought 3 more albums to fit them into but still have to buy about another 5 That was one job I was dreading, but thinking about it now I honestly can't remember what they were of. Out of sight, out of mind
Old Oct 29th 2005, 9:19 pm
Chocoholic

Oooh, I forgot about all that stuff.
Think I'll have to get my tough, ruthless head on again.
That's tomorrow sorted then!
Old Oct 29th 2005, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Jeanette Jones will become famous soon enough

Oooh, I forgot about all that stuff.
Think I'll have to get my tough, ruthless head on again.
That's tomorrow sorted then!
Yep, we've got 3 kids and plenty of school work from Nursery to 6th form and have sorted some out and kept some. I even have baby shoes and some clothes that I can't part with! Have chucked loads though, what a lot of memories it all brings back!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.