Reload this Page >

Attesting of photo copies

Attesting of photo copies

Old Aug 30th 2002, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

gokul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Attesting of photo copies

Dear Friends,

I am a Nepalese citizen residing in Nepal. I am preaparing to apply for skilled-independent migration. Now I need to attest the photocopies of my certificates. I can get them attested from Australian Embassy but it is very costly A$10 per page. We do not have the system of Notar. I checked with redgistered and practicing lawyers about attesting. They are not sure whether their attesting is considered valid in Australia. In Nepal we have a different system. For any official works here in Nepal, the attesting of certificates only by government officers (whichever departments they belong) is considered valid.

Please help me out from this problem. I do not want to lose a lot of money in attesting.

I have to provide attested translation copies of any certificates in Nepalese. Do I need to provide attested copies of the originals in Nepalese?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Gokul
Old Aug 30th 2002, 8:52 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attesting of photo copies

> They are not sure whether their attesting is considered valid in Australia. In Nepal we have
> a different system. For any official works here in Nepal, the attesting of certificates only by
> government officers (whichever departments they belong) is considered valid.

Australia advises applicants from overseas to obtain a certified true copies that are recognized legally in their country of residence.

> I have to provide attested translation copies of any certificates in Nepalese. Do I
> need to provide attested copies of the originals in Nepalese?

Yes, of course. You should not send any originals to DIMIA, except the skills assessment result, police and medical reports. Everything else should be certified true copies, including any non-English documents.

Peter
Old Sep 2nd 2002, 8:06 am
Peter Tomo

Default Re: Attesting of photo copies

> Yes, of course. You should not send any originals to DIMIA, except the skills
    > assessment result, police and medical reports. Everything else should be certified
    > true copies, including any non-English documents.

Plus IELTS result sheet must be, according to news group, original as well.

another Peter :!)