Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Attention Electricians

Attention Electricians

Old Aug 20th 2014, 9:08 am
Am a Sparky get me outa ?

tombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nice
Default Attention Electricians

Has any Sparkies in UK or already emigrated heard or used a company to change
there license over?
There was an advert in Sun newspaper last week offering this service for 2500 pound as well as possible job offer.
I didn't think this could be done outside Oz.
Does anyone know if this is legitimate

Answered or ideas guys.
Old Aug 20th 2014, 9:22 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attention Electricians

Originally Posted by tombo1979
there license over?
There was an advert in Sun newspaper last week offering this service for 2500 pound as well as possible job offer.

Answered or ideas guys.
I've heard of a couple of companies that can be used to help with the licensing process, but I don't think it can be done from outside Australia.

There are two ways to get your skills recognised - the Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR) issued to UK citizens (and some other countries) who get there skills assessed for migration purposes; and the Australian Recognised Trade Certificate (ARTC) that can only be applied for in Australia if arriving on a working holiday visa, or as the spouse of an Australian Citizen / PR. If you have an OTSR you need to complete gap training which includes Australian work experience. So either route would require you to be in Australia to possibly gain a full license.
Old Aug 20th 2014, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

there license over?

Answered or ideas guys.
Seriously I totally doubt that, Aus has far too much red tape and different rules for each State. Trades licences can be a nightmare to get.
Old Aug 20th 2014, 9:28 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

there license over?

Answered or ideas guys.
Sounds legit to me, you give them £2500, and they send you a bit of paper that purports to show your skills are now licensed in Oz, but, unfortunately they couldn't find a suitable job for you.. mmm I've got a computer, and a printer, reckon I could knock one up in about an hour.. but I'll only charge £2000.
Bet in 6 months they will have disappeared with many thousands of gullible peoples money, never to be seen again..
Old Aug 20th 2014, 1:25 pm
Am a Sparky get me outa ?

tombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nice

Did seem to good to be true as the saying goes.
If it was possible would save a lot of effort.
That's why I haven't gone as yet don't fancy having to work as a mate for a year.

Does anyone know what work situation like at mo if many expats are finding it changing license over.
Old Aug 20th 2014, 4:26 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

there license over

Answered or ideas guys.
If it's in the Scum, it has to be dodgy.

I'm sure Old Sparkles will be able to answer your additional questions tomorrow, she's our resident sparky ps, our tomorrow is your tonight - or something like that
Old Aug 20th 2014, 7:48 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Did seem to good to be true as the saying goes.
If it was possible would save a lot of effort.
That's why I haven't gone as yet don't fancy having to work as a mate for a year.

Does anyone know what work situation like at mo if many expats are finding it changing license over.
How difficult it is to get work, or get licensed may depend on what state you head to. I haven't found it too hard getting interviews, or been out of work for too long, but have a varied industrial background. Just had the good news yesterday that my logbook has been signed off so waiting to pick up certificate now for full license. That's taken me about 3 months of work because the first job I got was all control work which paid well but wasn't good for getting licensed. Everyone that did the gap training with me has also been signed off as far as I know - and all of them are working in differing jobs from domestic to commercial and industrial.

Have a look in the electricians section - Electricians - British Expats for more examples fro other states