British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Atlantis removals (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/atlantis-removals-478566/)

collybabe24 Sep 2nd 2007 6:50 pm

Atlantis removals

Hiya i have been having a few quotes from people and atlantis have come up with the cheapest to ship excess baggage, has any body used them before? would really like some feedback and as to whether you took insurance out with them or used someone else many thanks :thumbsup:

Saul Guud Sep 3rd 2007 4:53 am

Re: Atlantis removals

Originally Posted by collybabe24 (Post 5264584)
Hiya i have been having a few quotes from people and atlantis have come up with the cheapest to ship excess baggage, has any body used them before? would really like some feedback and as to whether you took insurance out with them or used someone else many thanks :thumbsup:

Hi collybabe,
we used Atlantis for our removals. Everything was okay this side but had a few problems with the Melbourne side of the operation (Transglobal if i remember correctly). Nothing really major but trying to get any information out of them regarding the consignment was painful. Maybe I wasn't speaking to the right person, but in the end I got the guy from Atlantis to sort it and hey presto it was done.
All in all service was not bad, but took about 12 weeks end to end. Only a few breakages, nothing major though.
Their quote was substantially cheaper than anyone else and I would use them again if the need arose.

HTH, SG

collybabe24 Sep 3rd 2007 7:06 am

cheers for that, what about insurance im rubbish at understanding all of that,im sure he said 3.5% of the value of our goods, do i have to take insurance out with them or can i use someone else? thanks for your help

johull Sep 3rd 2007 8:32 am

Originally Posted by collybabe24 (Post 5266229)
cheers for that, what about insurance im rubbish at understanding all of that,im sure he said 3.5% of the value of our goods, do i have to take insurance out with them or can i use someone else? thanks for your help

We uesed Atlantis from Leeds, was fine but they forgot some of our items, one was a Stella Beer Fridge (very important to hubby) and a box of other items - it had been that long that we couldnt remember exactly what was in this box - and they didnt send it until January 2006 - the rest of out things had ARRIVED in Oz in July 2005!!

We came back to UK due to family probs - and got no assitance from Atlantis. It was their mistake but I was told we would have to pay a fee to release our things in Brisbane - but we were back in the UK - then they would have to be shipped out. Called Atlantis as it was their problem and they ignored my calls - poor customer service. We are going back out later this year and wont be using Atlantis!!!

seamus3 Sep 7th 2007 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by collybabe24 (Post 5264584)

last time used Excess Baggage Company - they're on Google

Seven Seas - avoid - not bonded - takes forever