Asthma sufferes

Old May 5th 2007, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Edwards family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Asthma sufferes

My son has asthma and suffers badly in the damp/cold weather. I am hoping that the warmer weather will be good for him but also know of some sufferers who are just as bad if not worse in the heat as they are in the damp.

Has anyone else had any problems or success stories.

Kim
Old May 5th 2007, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asthma sufferes

Originally Posted by Edwards family
My son has asthma and suffers badly in the damp/cold weather. I am hoping that the warmer weather will be good for him but also know of some sufferers who are just as bad if not worse in the heat as they are in the damp.

Has anyone else had any problems or success stories.

Kim
Hi Kim

I used to have 3 inhalers in the Uk to keep my asthma under control. Since arriving in Oz, I havent had to use them at all. We went back to the Uk at xmas, and I had to use them within a few hours of arriving. My doc reckons it is something to do with pollution levels.

I really hope your son has as good a recovery as I have. Good luck

Jo
Old May 5th 2007, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

Hi

I was in Oz for a year, and found when I was in Sydney my asthma was a lot worse than in the uk (pollution or pollen i'm not sure?).

Although this was a bit of a downer, the upside was that I got much better medical treatment than I did in the uk. The doctor in sydney prescribed me a brilliant inhaler which sorted me out in a jiffy. I later met a pharmacist from the uk on my travels and I told her about it, she said doctors only prescribed that type of inhaler in the uk if you asked for it by name as it was too expensive!!!

I pretty much travelled the whole of oz and only had problems in sydney as detailed above and in Cairns during a very hot humid period.

Hope this helps
Old May 5th 2007, 9:23 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Australia has one of the highest levels of asthma in the world.

http://www.healthinsite.gov.au/topics/Asthma_Statistics

It is worst in the south of the country.

G
Old May 6th 2007, 12:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Australia has one of the highest levels of asthma in the world.

http://www.healthinsite.gov.au/topics/Asthma_Statistics

It is worst in the south of the country.

G
Its been discussed at length several times - if you search the forum for "Asthm you'll find both people who are better, and those who are worse.