Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ASTHMA in BRISBANE is it worse or better?

ASTHMA in BRISBANE is it worse or better?

Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all
Default ASTHMA in BRISBANE is it worse or better?

hi all

just wondering if anyone has noticed a deterioration in their asthma control up in Brissie.

I have recently read that the humidity can make it worse

We are planning on moving up there and 3 members of the family are asthmatic.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of
Smile Re: ASTHMA in BRISBANE is it worse or better?

Originally Posted by ellie10990
hi all

just wondering if anyone has noticed a deterioration in their asthma control up in Brissie.

Hi can't help with Brissie I'm afraid as I'm still in the UK, but what is Adelaide like for Asthma suffers? Heard the heat is 'dry heat' in SA so it's not as humid as Brissie. My asthma is triggered more by the cold air in the winter in the UK.
How cold is the air temp in Adelaide in the winter?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Brav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to all
Default Re: ASTHMA in BRISBANE is it worse or better?

I've found being in more humid areas helped my asthma (moisture generally helps the lungs). Conversely, colder, dry air makes mine quite a bit worse.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

FAR WORSE x 100.

(Thought I'd get in and give Jad the night off. () )
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
FAR WORSE x 100.

(Thought I'd get in and give Jad the night off. () )

To the OP - depends on the asthma triggers for each person really. Brisbane is generally petty humid, so wouldn't suit someone affected by damp air.....but then again in the winter we can have periods of humidity down to single figures, whyen those of us affected by horribly dry air suffer for a few weeks.
Its a city of extremes, thats the trouble.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter had asthma before we got here. She probably uses her inhaler about four times a year now.

Now she just complains about the humidity! ;-)
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:44 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I suffered from Asthma in cooll, damp Cornwall but haven't had it since being in humid Cairns.

Can only guess mine was triggered by temperature more than the moisture.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Husband has had asthama for his 40 years. He works in Brisbane and assures me that he is much better here than in the UK.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

hi all

Quite the contrary, having been twice to brisbane, my children had never had asthma before and was very well in brisbane. But when we came back to the uk my children have been nothing but poorly and both bad asthma started about the fourth week from landing back and still continue to have it.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all

Interesting that some are better and some are worse:curse:

problem is how do you know which will apply to you

such is life

Ah for a crystal ball
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

I was only thinking about doing a thread on this myself, I have a little lad he is 9 and suffers from Asthma but we have noticed its more so when the weather changes he seems worse in colder weather more so than summer, I will watch this thread with interest (and hope)
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

rmac is just really nicermac is just really nicermac is just really nicermac is just really nicermac is just really nicermac is just really nicermac is just really nicermac is just really nice

3 asthmatics in the family and all much better here than in freezing cold Scotland....hay fever is worse tho, itchy mouth, sneezing etc but can cope with that nae bother!!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Was hoping that when we manage to get back to brisbane, that my childrens asthma will go, so they will be how they were before (not ever having asthma)coming back to uk.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:09 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I think it might be worse but not due to the weather but due to the crap (additives etc) they but in food, plays havoc with it.

hi all

Old Mar 6th 2008, 11:40 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by themerlin
I think it might be worse but not due to the weather but due to the crap (additives etc) they but in food, plays havoc with it.
it seems it all depends on the triggers for your asthma we have 2 in our house my husband and my eldest son with my husband he has it all the time and is allergic to horses mainly but her was in Brisbane this time last year and didnt use his in haler once my son its more to do with the cold damp weather and always clears up come the summer so i should think the warmer weather will suit him down to the ground

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.