Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Assurer Interviews

Assurer Interviews

Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:12 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice
Default Assurer Interviews

Hi, I have noticed whilst reading these threads and timelines that in some cases people have commented about the assurer have to go for an interview. what is this about any one know? is it everyone has to have one, a fixed percentage, the sponsor is different from the assurer, or something different alltogether, any clarification would be appreciated. Cheers Nicky
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Assurer Interviews

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
Hi, I have noticed whilst reading these threads and timelines that in some cases people have commented about the assurer have to go for an interview. what is this about any one know? is it everyone has to have one, a fixed percentage, the sponsor is different from the assurer, or something different alltogether, any clarification would be appreciated. Cheers Nicky
Hi Nicky

The assurer has to have an interview with Centrelink to ensure that they can prove their income over the previous 2 tax years meets the minimum requirement to provide Assurance of Support. The interview also ensures that they fully understand the implications of providing the Assurance of Support. Only after this will DIMIA confirm that the assurer is acceptable (if they meet the requirements). I believe that where the visa class requires a compulsory Assurance of Support this interview is mandatory.

The sponsor does not have to be the same person as the assurer, although in many cases they are.

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:48 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice
Default Re: Assurer Interviews

Stewie

That has cleared up my question we are going skilled sponsored, so looks like I better let my uncle know that he may need to attend. Thanks for your help

Nicky