Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

assurance of support for spouse

assurance of support for spouse

Old May 5th 2003, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default assurance of support for spouse

Im just filling in the form of assurance of support for spouse.

It seems a bit pointless because I dont work and hubby does.

Im putting down his pay etc but this will be irrelevant once we head out to Aus as we awill both be jobless.

The money we will use to support ourselves until we find jobs will be from the sale of our home here in the UK. But there is nowhere to enter this info.

So, please could anyone who has filled in this form already ,tell me what they did etc as it really seems very pointless, iether that or Im missing the point somewhere!!!!

Oh, by the way hubby is paid monthly not weekly . So did anyone just break down their figures into weekly amounts???

I really hate forms!!!:scared:

Cheers

BooBoo the confused (doesnt take much)

hey who said that!!!
Old May 5th 2003, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth now Sunny Florida, heading for Perth
WannabeWallaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: assurance of support for spouse

Hey Booboo

Did they mail you this form? I don't remember it in the application. If so, before or after they gave you the nod? Does everyone sponsoring a spouse have to pay the bond or do they judge you on your fincancial resources?

Sorry I can'y help you with your question!

Wannabe Wallaby
Old May 6th 2003, 9:41 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: assurance of support for spouse

Originally posted by booboo

Im just filling in the form of assurance of support for spouse.

It seems a bit pointless because I dont work and hubby does.

Im putting down his pay etc but this will be irrelevant once we head out to Aus as we awill both be jobless.

The money we will use to support ourselves until we find jobs will be from the sale of our home here in the UK. But there is nowhere to enter this info.

So, please could anyone who has filled in this form already ,tell me what they did etc as it really seems very pointless, iether that or Im missing the point somewhere!!!!

Oh, by the way hubby is paid monthly not weekly . So did anyone just break down their figures into weekly amounts???

I really hate forms!!!:scared:

Cheers

BooBoo the confused (doesnt take much)

hey who said that!!!
Hi BooBoo!

If you look on the bit where you have to fill in your address it says if the address you put is outside Oz then you have to include a statement outlining how you are going to meet you obligations as a sponsor. I plan on writing that we will be living on the proceeds of our house sale to start with and that when we first arrive we will be staying with my rellies. It also asks how you are going to make sure that your partner settles in Oz - Going to use rellie line for this too.

Hope this helps. Take care and keep in touch

Sally
Old May 6th 2003, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

james & bev is an unknown quantity at this point

I asked a simlilar question recently, and was told to get a mortgage statement and and estate agents letter with a rough valuation to give a rough indication of how much equity you have in the house.

hope this helps

james
Old May 6th 2003, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry if I have the wrong end of the stick here Booboo, but I thought Assurance of support had to come from an Australian resident. If you have a sponsor in Oz I think it should be they who fill in this form.

As I say it's getting late and I might have missed the point.

Bill