Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Assurance of support - Interview

Assurance of support - Interview

Old Oct 10th 2006, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

happygolucky121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Assurance of support - Interview

Just wondered if anyone can tell me about the interview sponsor's in oz have to have with CentreLink, before they ask for bond (is it quite straight forward and do most sponsors pass....)

we are being sponsored by OH sister, sure everything will be fine but you cant help fretting.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 6:12 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of
Default Re: Assurance of support - Interview

Our cousin was our assurer and I think as long as they take all the requested info and forms along they should be OK. They do make it very clear about the responsibilities and make sure the assurer is aware of all the risks, such as having to keep you and feed you if you run out of money (if assurer is also sponsor). My cousin said it was over in half an hour and they gave him a verbal ok at the time.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Originally Posted by happygolucky121
Just wondered if anyone can tell me about the interview sponsor's in oz have to have with CentreLink, before they ask for bond (is it quite straight forward and do most sponsors pass....)
we are being sponsored by OH sister,re everything will be fine but you cant help fretting.
Hi
They have to provide the last two years tax returns also they have to provide resident i.d. and i think they have to provide bank statements
when they have been to the interview they will then be told that they have been approved to be your sponsor and they get a letter to lodge the bond when they have lodge the bond with the commonwealth bank they then go back to CentreLink with the receipt and then that is them finished

Billy
Old Oct 11th 2006, 2:47 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billy0911
Hi
They have to provide the last two years tax returns also they have to provide resident i.d. and i think they have to provide bank statements
when they have been to the interview they will then be told that they have been approved to be your sponsor and they get a letter to lodge the bond when they have lodge the bond with the commonwealth bank they then go back to CentreLink with the receipt and then that is them finished

Billy
Spot on, exactly as you've described, I was the assuror for my parent visa application a couple of years ago and this was what happened to us. The most important thing were the tax returns to prove you have above the required income, and that they also meet the requirements of their own residency.
Ours took less than half an hour, but with the going backwards and forwards to commonwealth it took longer, also seem to recall that you cant just rock up at the bank to lodge the bond (your effectively opening a savings account with them) so you have to make an appointment as that takes a while for them to complete...
Steve
Old Oct 11th 2006, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

happygolucky121 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks - really helpful info,