Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Assurance of Support

Wikiposts

Assurance of Support

Old May 17th 2005, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Assurance of Support

[---------------

As for the visa thing - is the Centrelink interview for the Assurer straight forward or is it a barrage of questions ?

Whats the best way for me to get the bond to them

My Sister was our Assurer and as far as I recall she did not have an interview. I rememeber her having to fill in a few forms and she had to show her Tax returns as I believe that you have to have an income of above $38000 ( I might be wrong about the exact amount). As for getting the Bond out there she paid and we will repay it when we make the move.

John
Old May 17th 2005, 8:55 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MikeMc
Sarah,

Funny you should say that, within an hour or so of getting the mail, I get a call for a viewer today midday. House is a tip just upgrading the Central heating, new floors, lights etc. Hopefully an added incentive if they can see beyond the mess.

Getting a little excited especially if Nov is the deadline
---------------

As for the visa thing - is the Centrelink interview for the Assurer straight forward or is it a barrage of questions ?

Whats the best way for me to get the bond to them ?
Good luck with the viewing Mike, even though you are upgrading try to make sure that it's neat and tidy and you'll be alright. Let me know how it goes.
Sarah
Old May 17th 2005, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

willkerr is an unknown quantity at this point

Mike

From our experience you will get a letter from your case officer which you must send to your assurer. Your insurer then has to ring Centrelink to arrange an interview and take the letter along with them along with various other things. Once they have been accepted and all the other parts of your visa application are in place Centrelink will send a letter to your assurer asking them to lodge the bond usually within 14 days! Once the bond is lodged at the Commonwealth bank your assurer will receive a letter from Centrelink saying the bond has been lodged, I think the letter also goes to your case officer. Once that is done you can expect to get your visas pretty soon. We got ours about 2 weeks after all that.

Good luck

Will