Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Assurance of Support

Assurance of Support

Old Jan 10th 2004, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

fatbill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Assurance of Support

I have applied to migrate under the skilled family sponsored catagory and have an AoS.
Would I need to remain in Australia while the AoS is in effect or can I visit Australia for a holiday to validate the visa, then return to the UK.
I, along with my family, would then make the final move around 18 months later after my daughter finishes college.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 9:10 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi,

Once the AoS bond is paid you should get your visa pretty quickly; the terms are the same as any other visa ie you must at least validate by the date shown, then you have the balance of 5 years from the visa grant date to enter permanently.

In other words, no problem with your plans.

Good luck,

Elaine
Old Jan 10th 2004, 9:30 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Assurance of Support

Originally posted by fatbill
I have applied to migrate under the skilled family sponsored catagory and have an AoS.
Would I need to remain in Australia while the AoS is in effect or can I visit Australia for a holiday to validate the visa, then return to the UK.
I, along with my family, would then make the final move around 18 months later after my daughter finishes college.
Just out of interest, around how much does dimia expect in the way of an assurance of support in $aus ?
Old Jan 10th 2004, 10:22 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Luke I Amyofath
Just out of interest, around how much does dimia expect in the way of an assurance of support in $aus ?
Hi Luke,

Follow the link (Hope it works!)

http://www.immi.gov.au/facts/34aos.htm

Elaine
Old Jan 10th 2004, 10:50 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Elaine M
Hi Luke,

Follow the link (Hope it works!)

http://www.immi.gov.au/facts/34aos.htm

Elaine
Thanks Elaine however, I was more interested in finding out (in cases where a bond has been a requirement) how much this bond has been.
So if anyone knows, please post

cheers

Old Jan 11th 2004, 10:16 pm

Originally posted by Luke I Amyofath
Thanks Elaine however, I was more interested in finding out (in cases where a bond has been a requirement) how much this bond has been.
So if anyone knows, please post

cheers

Luke,

In case you haven't yet spotted it, scroll down the fact sheet above until you get to the section called "Bond" and it tells you how much.

Elaine