assessing skils

Old May 7th 2003, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

bungleberg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default assessing skils

Am I right in thinking I have to fill in form 44 before applying for a visa? Is it worth my wife filling in one too, she has been a self employeed hair dresser for years, so she has not worked in a salon for years, so no work history do to speak, she has howeverg ot a city and guilds and her job is in demand in OZ. I am a printer and have been in current jb for six years so nnot a prob

Should she fill in a formm 44 anyhow? and is the a fee for this I cannot see it mentioned anywhere

Thanks In Advance
Old May 7th 2003, 2:51 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: assessing skils

How did you come by form 44, as it's not used any more ... in brief you should apply to the assessing body that is relevant to your occupation for a skills assessment (Trades Recognition Australia) and then lodge form 47SK with the Department of Immigration in Adelaide with the other required documents.

There's more information here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/visas/skill...on.cfm#Skilled - Independent

Best regards.

Originally posted by bungleberg
Am I right in thinking I have to fill in form 44 before applying for a visa? Is it worth my wife filling in one too, she has been a self employeed hair dresser for years, so she has not worked in a salon for years, so no work history do to speak, she has howeverg ot a city and guilds and her job is in demand in OZ. I am a printer and have been in current jb for six years so nnot a prob

Should she fill in a formm 44 anyhow? and is the a fee for this I cannot see it mentioned anywhere

Thanks In Advance
Old May 7th 2003, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

bungleberg is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks alot for that saved me filling in the wrong form, do you think it is worth me getting my wifes skills assessed or should I just do my own.
Old May 7th 2003, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

go to www.imm.gov.au website and download general skilled migration booklet 6 - it is a step by step guide as to what forms etc you need to fill how many points you have.

It may be that you both will require to be assessed to back each other up points wise - wont know that until you calculate your points.

Other thing you can do is a lot of the migration agent websites offer free online assessments - fill one in should get a response straight away. If your application is going to be complicated then better to hire a migration agent - a few of them come on to this website Alan Collett who responded to you is quite good as is George Lombard.

Only fill in the 47sk after you have had your skills/qualifications assessed by TRA - Trades Recognition Australia.

Anyway good luck