Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Assesment centre Railcorp, What to expect ??????????????

Assesment centre Railcorp, What to expect ??????????????

Old Aug 2nd 2006, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

kenwel_2525 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Assesment centre Railcorp, What to expect ??????????????

Guys

Cud u pls help me out this time

Gone through selection tests & ability tests, hv to attend assessment centre tests this week , such as role play , written communication report and group activity, have the least knowledge about these tests, cud anyone guide me

Ken
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Assesment centre Railcorp, What to expect ??????????????

Originally Posted by kenwel_2525
Guys

Gone through selection tests & ability tests, hv to attend assessment centre tests this week , such as role play , written communication report and group activity, have the least knowledge about these tests, cud anyone guide me

Ken

I really don't envy you. These tests are the most stupid thing every invented.

I had to do one about 8 years ago in the UK, they are looking for things like organisation skills, prioritising and delegation skills, leadership skills, how you work in a team etc. These tests are made by people who haven't the first idea about "hands on" work for people who are rubbish at "hands on" work, as these are the only people who seem to actually pass them. Just make sure you take the lead in the group activity and delegate more than do, the others are really down to individual style and methods.

Don't mean to scare you, but I really hated it.

All the best with it.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

jayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nice
Default Re: Assesment centre Railcorp, What to expect ??????????????

Originally Posted by kenwel_2525
Guys

Ken
This is a good one and Wendy has responded like many people who have undertaken an AC test.

The criteria, will possibly involve role play and a presentation to boot, we also give applicants psychometric tests after assesment this gives us a good round indication of what the person is like. One thing I would say is that not always are these tests beneficial or infalable, with practise you can score high in both areas. The other annoying thing is (from an employers perspective) the people you choose are 'usually' the highest performers, however, higher performers will rarely stay in the same job.

Do a search on the Internet for Assesment Centre Activities criteria etc should return quite a few.

PS. Hate them myself! :