assesment

Old Jul 25th 2002, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

burcu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default assesment

Hi,

We will apply to immigration to Au. We both had our IELTS higher than 6 and now we will both apply for assesment.

Erkin has studied Mechanical engineering but worked as a programmer for 3 years after he has graduated. So he will apply to ACS as a application and analyst programmer. We have looked in to the assesment forms for him.

First of all he is going to apply the RPL because he doesn't have a university degree related to IT. But he was graduated from the high school as a computer technician. Is this going to help for his application?

And he only has three year of experience in programming since he was graduated from university in 1999. Is this experience enough for assesment?

Is there a change that he may be assesed easily if he applies to IEaust for assesment as a mechanical engineering though he doesn't have any mechanical enginnering experience rather than his graduate project which was the automatic control of a robot manipulator.

I am a textile engineer and I will lodge my application to ieaust under Engineer-Engineering Technologist (not elsewhere classified) occupation.

But my work experience is 1,5 year as a sales representative in a textile factory and 1,5 year sourcing manager&merchandiser in a textile agency.

I have just started to write my CDR. Does anybody know if it is going to be problem with my assesment that I worked on the sales side though the job I did was mostly production management in both positions.

And could you please tell which of us should apply to immigration?

thanks for your help

Burcu
Old Jul 26th 2002, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

soum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: assesment

Erkin would have to wait for another year if he wants to apply for RPL... you need a mininum of 4 years experience to be considered for RPL so he cannot apply now...hight school does not matter..you need computing degree or diploma ..I am not sure about your case though your experience seems a bit short in your nominated occupation..i am not aware of ieaust guidelines on engineering so you better find out on that regard..RPL would not work though