Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ashes - Trent Bridge

Ashes - Trent Bridge

Old Aug 29th 2005, 4:55 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ashes - Trent Bridge

Originally Posted by wombat42
Just because the Ashes are held in England does'nt mean they belong to you. theres plans to have them returned home to OZ.
I wouldn't start making any plans just yet, to return the Ashes to Aus. The next series is held in Aus in Dec 2006-Feb 2007. As we will be better and stronger by then, and your old age pensioners will all be using runners, I wouldnt get excited about them returning to Aus then either.

At least you arent a bitter and twisted bad loser and can give England credit for totally outplaying you, lets face it, if Simon Jones hadnt got cramp in the Old Trafford test we would have won that one too.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:29 am
wombat42

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I think some of the Aussie commentators have been great this ashes. Some of them have been accused and are tacitily admitting that they would like to see England win.

Thank gawd we got some competion back in it again.
They only want England to win because they feel sorry for the losers who have'nt won the Ashes in 18 years. l guess they think its better for cricket if the Poms win so the game does'nt die over in England.

Last edited by wombat42; Aug 29th 2005 at 5:48 am.

Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:05 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

They only want England to win because they feel sorry for the losers who have'nt won the Ashes in 18 years. l guess they think its better for cricket if the Poms win so the game does'nt die over in England.
Just change your sig. England cannot lose this series.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:16 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

This time its different: there's flint, steel and murderous glint in Flintoff's eyes. By St Patrick, St George or St Andrew he means to Vanquish.

Last edited by Megalania; Aug 29th 2005 at 6:31 am.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:21 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

I can see what you mean mega check out Freddie in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails Ashes - Trent Bridge-_40738420_flintoff300.jpg  
Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

great pic!! well am suffering today, voice has gone, heart still pumping from yesterday/this morning's cricket and a mild hangover lol.....

Bought back some fab memories seeing Nottingham too and knowing my friends were in the ground, lucky buggers

Can't wait for last test now, having so fab banter at work too
Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:28 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
I can see what you mean mega check out Freddie in the pic.
The other team members would appear to be happy to win the regional Morris Dancing Championships - with a good piss up and chunder to follow.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

johnnet is on a distinguished road

If he is an Aussie and wants England to win l hope he has put his money where his big mouth is because he will lose it all because its going to be an Aussie victory.The only reason the Poms have played slightly better this time against the worlds greatest sporting nation in history is because of all the Aussie couches they bought or paid off to go over to England to teach them how to play cricket. But unfortunently for them no amount of money can buy the talent Aussie players have.
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!!!
That is the problem when you make sweeping statements on this forum before the result. How many more times are you gonna make a fool of yourself?!

MIGHTY MIGHTY ENGLAND.........BARMY BARMY ARMY!

Enjoy....regards

Johnnet
Old Aug 29th 2005, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

darwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant future

A world cup win in Germany next year would be nice too...

Originally Posted by johnnet
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!!!
That is the problem when you make sweeping statements on this forum before the result. How many more times are you gonna make a fool of yourself?!

MIGHTY MIGHTY ENGLAND.........BARMY BARMY ARMY!

Enjoy....regards

Johnnet
Old Aug 29th 2005, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
love Australia but we won!
Gripped to the seat
Lace
Old Aug 29th 2005, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

We have waited 18yrs for a cricket team like this.

I reserve the right to..

1. gloat at every opportunity

2. wear a Ponting style smug grin

3. rub the Aussies nose in it as much as possible

4. purchase a "I'm a Pommie Bitch " T shirt next time i'm out shopping to wear when i reach Sydney

Old Aug 29th 2005, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Well played England, I begin by saying you thoroughly deserve to be 2-1 up. The final test at The Oval should be exciting and remember it only takes an Australian victory for the Ashes to be retained.

Now, this is not sour grapes at all, we're good loser but I would point out the following:

1 The umpires have given Martyn out twice in consecutive tests when he nicked the ball onto his pads. One umpy can't even count to 6 balls - they managed to bowl the extra ball after calling over, why can't the third umpire say, Steve, you made a mistake Jones and Martyn nicked the ball? They have the technology for run outs, why not use it for all important things??? Cricket is a stop, start game it doesn't matter about taking time to get things right.
2 Jones was out first ball after lunch on day 2 and was not given out (Bucknor involved in 1 and 2). He made about 50 runs more (would England have got 179?). The (English) analyst tried to make some excuse about the bat may have hit the pitch, the 'snickometer shows a fatter sound wave pattern etc but the replays clearly showed this wasn't the case.
3 Hayden, Katich and Ponting have all recently been given out lbw wrongly in the last 2 tests.
4 Glenn McGrath was missing and was crocked the previous test.
5 England are 'cheating' with the sub fielder (why Ponting got so upset). Their bowlers all this and recent series against other countries have been going off the field when not injured which is against the rules (presumably just to have a massage, rest, change of shirt, talk to the coach, watch some videos of the batsmen etc) and the sub is not being put on the boundary but in crucial positions.
6 'England would have won the previous test if Jones wasn't off'. Well, Vaughan was forced to bowl Harmison when Jones went off and he got Ponting out so it could be argued that it was to England's advantage that he was off?
7 Yeah, Lee should have been bowled when the bails didn't come off but he was left stranded not out only adding a few more. Yeah, Pieterson has dropped 6 catches. Yeah, a good part of the team is getting into their early 30's together and watch out the next time, yeah, yeah, yeah, England have been the better team I know, I just wanted to get the above off my chest.

OzTennis
Old Aug 29th 2005, 9:03 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Well played England, I begin by saying you thoroughly deserve to be 2-1 up. The final test at The Oval should be exciting and remember it only takes an Australian victory for the Ashes to be retained.

Now, this is not sour grapes at all, we're good loser but I would point out the following:

1 The umpires have given Martyn out twice in consecutive tests when he nicked the ball onto his pads. One umpy can't even count to 6 balls - they managed to bowl the extra ball after calling over, why can't the third umpire say, Steve, you made a mistake Jones and Martyn nicked the ball? They have the technology for run outs, why not use it for all important things??? Cricket is a stop, start game it doesn't matter about taking time to get things right.
2 Jones was out first ball after lunch on day 2 and was not given out (Bucknor involved in 1 and 2). He made about 50 runs more (would England have got 179?). The (English) analyst tried to make some excuse about the bat may have hit the pitch, the 'snickometer shows a fatter sound wave pattern etc but the replays clearly showed this wasn't the case.
3 Hayden, Katich and Ponting have all recently been given out lbw wrongly in the last 2 tests.
4 Glenn McGrath was missing and was crocked the previous test.
5 England are 'cheating' with the sub fielder (why Ponting got so upset). Their bowlers all this and recent series against other countries have been going off the field when not injured which is against the rules (presumably just to have a massage, rest, change of shirt, talk to the coach, watch some videos of the batsmen etc) and the sub is not being put on the boundary but in crucial positions.
6 'England would have won the previous test if Jones wasn't off'. Well, Vaughan was forced to bowl Harmison when Jones went off and he got Ponting out so it could be argued that it was to England's advantage that he was off?
7 Yeah, Lee should have been bowled when the bails didn't come off but he was left stranded not out only adding a few more. Yeah, Pieterson has dropped 6 catches. Yeah, a good part of the team is getting into their early 30's together and watch out the next time, yeah, yeah, yeah, England have been the better team I know, I just wanted to get the above off my chest.

OzTennis
Some of what you say is correct, however I have so far this series counted 7 dismissals that were given NOT OUT for the Australians, (mainly LBW's and also a couple of edges that were missed) so it really is swings and roundabouts. As someone who has played some cricket in my time, I can tell you when the ball is travelling at 80mph it is almost impossible to see it properly, never mind see if a batsman has got the faintest nick on it, then onto his pads, and thats at 80 mph, these guys are the next level and are bowling at 90+. Just continue to suck those sour grapes along with all the other whingers.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Some of what you say is correct, however I have so far this series counted 7 dismissals that were given NOT OUT for the Australians, (mainly LBW's and also a couple of edges that were missed) so it really is swings and roundabouts. As someone who has played some cricket in my time, I can tell you when the ball is travelling at 80mph it is almost impossible to see it properly, never mind see if a batsman has got the faintest nick on it, then onto his pads, and thats at 80 mph, these guys are the next level and are bowling at 90+. Just continue to suck those sour grapes along with all the other whingers.

Utterly correct
Old Aug 29th 2005, 9:06 am
Karma earned, not whored

Originally Posted by OzTennis

OzTennis
It is perfectly within the rules for any player to leave the field of play for less than 8 minutes for a toilet break. What a short memory you have, the Aussies were on and off like a brides nightie in the recent home series against Pakistan, or have you forgotten that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.