British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   the ashes, brisbane=flights and accom prob?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/ashes-brisbane%3Dflights-accom-prob-397364/)

liver bird Sep 19th 2006 9:35 am

the ashes, brisbane=flights and accom prob??

hi, still no news on our visa yet :( but we're hoping to fly please god before november but realised brisbane has first leg of the ashes. Does anyone know if there's a problem getting flights or temp accomm before that as presumably it will be a bit crowded? :scared: cheers x

ridds Sep 19th 2006 8:04 pm

Re: the ashes, brisbane=flights and accom prob??

Originally Posted by liver bird
hi, still no news on our visa yet :( but we're hoping to fly please god before november but realised brisbane has first leg of the ashes. Does anyone know if there's a problem getting flights or temp accomm before that as presumably it will be a bit crowded? :scared: cheers x

You should still be able to get both flights and accomodation, although flights are def filling up. The challenge with accom is that you probably won't get anything close to the Gabba at this late stage. If you get really stuck, pm me and we might be able to find a spare room for you :)

DunRoaminTheUK Sep 20th 2006 3:18 am

Originally Posted by ridds
You should still be able to get both flights and accomodation, although flights are def filling up. The challenge with accom is that you probably won't get anything close to the Gabba at this late stage. If you get really stuck, pm me and we might be able to find a spare room for you :)

Oh ****! It's already a log-jam when moving through the Gabba roads in the morning. I guess this means it's going to get a whole lot worse in November?

ridds Sep 20th 2006 9:06 am

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Oh ****! It's already a log-jam when moving through the Gabba roads in the morning. I guess this means it's going to get a whole lot worse in November?

Shouldn't be too much worse, except just before and after play ;)

liver bird Sep 20th 2006 12:29 pm

Oh bless you!! that's so kind of you!! wouldn't put you through our menagerie of pets and kids! will pm you when we hopefully get this visa and would be lovely to meet up for a coffee or summat when we get there?!

ridds Sep 20th 2006 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by liver bird
Oh bless you!! that's so kind of you!! wouldn't put you through our menagerie of pets and kids! will pm you when we hopefully get this visa and would be lovely to meet up for a coffee or summat when we get there?!

Sounds great! Have you got your test tickets??

liver bird Sep 20th 2006 8:22 pm

Sounds great! Have you got your test tickets??

I HATE CRICKET!!!! :) never believe we're going to get there! our visas, argh!! where are they???!!!!!!

ridds Sep 20th 2006 8:45 pm

LOL, hang in there :beer: