Reload this Page >

Are Arundel Folks Fab???

Wikiposts

Are Arundel Folks Fab???

Old Mar 25th 2004, 3:30 am
Tina Castle

Default Are Arundel Folks Fab???

Hi

I have fallen in love with Arundel (on net that is!), after looking at lots of different suburbs.

I am looking to find out what it is really like. the real estate is well price and the houses are nice and modern. Do you live here, or moving here???

I am keen to know how close it is to Brisbane CBD, and what trains, roads like etc... i am hopeful it has a variety of local gyms, pubs, shops, schools and restaurants etc....

Any info and/or experience of Arudnel would be great........

Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are Arundel Folks Fab???

Originally posted by Tina Castle
Hi

I have fallen in love with Arundel (on net that is!), after looking at lots of different suburbs.

I am looking to find out what it is really like. the real estate is well price and the houses are nice and modern. Do you live here, or moving here???

I am keen to know how close it is to Brisbane CBD, and what trains, roads like etc... i am hopeful it has a variety of local gyms, pubs, shops, schools and restaurants etc....

I, for one, have never heard of it. But I see from a Google search that it is in the Gold Coast area. It appears to have a lot of aged care homes and golf courses!

I did find these links that may answer some of your questions:

http://www.dawsons.com.au/Venue/Aust...lsCountryClub/ This gives the distances from Brisbane etc.

http://www.arundelss.qld.edu.au/ This is the State School website

Sorry I've no personal experience but at least it's bumped back to the top for you!!

sandy
Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Tina you should ask Lisa (Flower of Scotland) as she has just moved to this area. I know it is on the Gold Coast.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Tina,

I have just rented a house in Arundel, it is really lovely, if you read my post from today 'my first week living on the gold coast' you will see what i have said about it. It's 10 mins from Surfers Paradise, the houses are lovely and I have fallen in love with it. If you need any more info let me know

Lisa
Old Mar 27th 2004, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

karen p is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Using this website

Distance calculator

Arundel is 68.81 kms/1 hour from Brisbane CBD.

When we first started looking I really liked the look of
Arundel, but my husband doesn't want to be that far from
CBD as that's where he'll be working.

Hope that helps.

Karen
Old Mar 27th 2004, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by karen p
Using this website

Distance calculator

Arundel is 68.81 kms/1 hour from Brisbane CBD.

When we first started looking I really liked the look of
Arundel, but my husband doesn't want to be that far from
CBD as that's where he'll be working.

Hope that helps.

Karen
Karen,

Don't go by the distance calculators, they are not accurate, thats what we used before we came over to judge areas, but we left from Arundel the other day to Brisbane right in the centre to do our banking and it took 40 mins, and that was doing the speed limit, and at half 8am which was pretty busy with workers.

Tina, Arundel has more or less everything, loads of shops in a place called Harbour Town, about 10 mins to The Pacific Fair, which is the biggest shopping mall in the southern hemesphire! their are restaurants and food shops everywhere, and Arundel is 10 minutes from the theme parks and half an hour from Brisbane Airport.

Lisa
Old Mar 27th 2004, 8:16 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by floweroscotland
Karen,

Don't go by the distance calculators, they are not accurate, thats what we used before we came over to judge areas, but we left from Arundel the other day to Brisbane right in the centre to do our banking and it took 40 mins, and that was doing the speed limit, and at half 8am which was pretty busy with workers.

Tina, Arundel has more or less everything, loads of shops in a place called Harbour Town, about 10 mins to The Pacific Fair, which is the biggest shopping mall in the southern hemesphire! their are restaurants and food shops everywhere, and Arundel is 10 minutes from the theme parks and half an hour from Brisbane Airport.

Lisa
Lisa, are you sure on those times? We used to live at Loganlea just off the freeway (just north of Beenleigh which is about half way between the city & the gold coast) & it used to take us 40 mins to get to work in the CBD everyday, thats minimum, sometimes up to an hour depending on the traffic, leaving at various times between 8 & 9am. Even in non-commute traffic ie middle of the day, it was a 30 min drive. Loganlea to Arundel used to take us around 30 mins.

Ditto the airport, I think you will find its just a little bit more than 30 mins .