Arthritis

Old May 31st 2007, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of
Default Arthritis

just wanted to enquire, some friends of ours are considering the big move but the wife has arthritis( I think its rheumatoid), does this mean she will not get past the medical. i hadn't a clue so thought i would ask on here for her? Can any one offer any advice? thanks Babs
Old May 31st 2007, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Originally Reading - now the Beautiful Central Coast!
MurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really nice
Default Re: Arthritis

Hello

My OH has RA - early stages and we got through okay and as a Category A whereas we thought we might end up Category B - our visa is a 136 MODL. He is in early stages though and the condition is very controlled with medication only being taken once a week. Before the medicals we got his consultant to complete a report which we took along with us and this was sent off with the medical forms. We had no hassles at all. Our visa app was received at DIAC on 3 January, meds took place on 12 March and the visa was granted on 19 April - we received confirmation on 1 May.

Hope that's useful.

Tracy
Old May 31st 2007, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MurphFam
Hello

My OH has RA - early stages and we got through okay and as a Category A whereas we thought we might end up Category B - our visa is a 136 MODL. He is in early stages though and the condition is very controlled with medication only being taken once a week. Before the medicals we got his consultant to complete a report which we took along with us and this was sent off with the medical forms. We had no hassles at all. Our visa app was received at DIAC on 3 January, meds took place on 12 March and the visa was granted on 19 April - we received confirmation on 1 May.

Hope that's useful.

Tracy
thanks for that Tracy, i can pass that news on to them. I'll be honest i had no idea how it would affect a medical. my friend works full time but I know she has phases when she is in real pain.Thanks for the quick reply, babs
Old May 31st 2007, 8:59 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW Mrs Wol has bad athritis and was in agony in the UK winter. She only gets occasional bad days here in the S Highlands despite the cold: the very low humidity and relatively low air pressure seem to be beneficial.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wol
FWIW Mrs Wol has bad athritis and was in agony in the UK winter. She only gets occasional bad days here in the S Highlands despite the cold: the very low humidity and relatively low air pressure seem to be beneficial.
thank you for the info, will pass the good news on! babs.