Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ARTC Is there any Tradesman that can help!

ARTC Is there any Tradesman that can help!

Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

loomatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ARTC Is there any Tradesman that can help!

Hi
I have my 136 skilled independent visa ( General Electrician 4311-11 ) and have been through the TRA process,
I am moving to Brisbane mid July, Is it possible to apply to have my UK Trade certificates transferred over to a Australian recognised trade certificate whilst living in the UK.
matt.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ARTC Is there any Tradesman that can help!

Originally Posted by loomatt
Hi
I have my 136 skilled independent visa ( General Electrician 4311-11 ) and have been through the TRA process,
I am moving to Brisbane mid July, Is it possible to apply to have my UK Trade certificates transferred over to a Australian recognised trade certificate whilst living in the UK.
matt.
Hi Matt
Welcome to BE.

Can I suggest that you do a search on this topic here on BE, as this topic seems to come up every couple of weeks or so...basically it is a real palava, can take AGES (months and months) and costs a few bob. It seems that whatever you had to do for the TRA process, you now need to do at least the same again - if not more - for state recognition. (Im not a trades person, so havent taken too much notice of those threads, but doing a search on BE should give you the answers.)

Good luck
Old Apr 24th 2006, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

What I've heard its a chuffin' nightmare!! UK regs dont mean diddly squat Im glad in a way Ive applied as a chippy/joiner and not as a sparkie(although Ive credits in both trades) and still as a chippy its start from the bottom again...even worse for sparks and plumbers..sorry I couldnt be more help someone will come along and tell you about it <gone to sob in the corner>
Old Apr 24th 2006, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loomatt
Hi
matt.
Hi Matt,
I looked into this for OH. You can apply for the ARTC here but you won't get anything until you actually arrive in Oz. This is the reply I got:

As you have already been classified as a XXXXXXXX,for
migration purposes, your administration & assessment fee is $100.00.

I can send you the application forms while you are offshore, but you
will NOT be issued with the ARTC, provided it is granted, until you
arrive in Australia. The process is to send me certified copies of your
training, statements of service, copies of your visa and the letter you
received from TRA confirming your classification.

The other option is to wait until you arrive in Australia,give me a
call, and we can discuss your application.

Hope this helps a little.
Lynne x