ARTC query

Old Aug 8th 2006, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

surfsup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ARTC query

Since joining this site i have read about ARTC's which i was not told about by the tra. Do you require one for all licences ( i will be nsw - hopefully!!) Are you only able to apply once you have a visa number? Any help would be great thanks!!
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:23 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ARTC query

Originally Posted by surfsup
Since joining this site i have read about ARTC's which i was not told about by the tra. Do you require one for all licences ( i will be nsw - hopefully!!) Are you only able to apply once you have a visa number? Any help would be great thanks!!
what skill are you???

edit

i`ve just noted that your a sparky the same as me
and the answer is yes you need an artc for all states

Last edited by steve`o; Aug 8th 2006 at 6:28 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:27 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

start here mate

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
what skill are you???
Sorry yes bit silly of me! I have been classified general electrician at present
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:32 pm
Worongary

Sorry yes bit silly of me! I have been classified general electrician at present
we have discussed this recentley mate
i`ll post a couple of links for you to read
and if your still confused pm or email me and i`ll get you up to speed

regards steve

link 1

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...highlight=artc
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:32 pm
Worongary

we have discussed this recentley mate
i`ll post a couple of links for you to read
and if your still confused pm or email me and i`ll get you up to speed

regards steve

link 1

Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:33 pm
Worongary

Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

what skill are you???

edit

i`ve just noted that your a sparky the same as me
and the answer is yes you need an artc for all states
How far away are you with your visa? I can't get my artc until i have a visa number is that right?Where are you/heading to?
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:44 pm
Worongary

How far away are you with your visa? I can't get my artc until i have a visa number is that right?Where are you/heading to?
moving in eight weeks mate to the gold coast
i`m in the process of filling in the artc application as we speak

you need the following for the application
question
1 tra file ref no
2 australian address
3 residential status
visa subclass

although i did read last week that a sparky had got his artc prior to leaving the uk
i emailed the tra
( its the same place that did your tra assessemnt for migration )
and they have confirmed that you can apply prior to arriving in aus but that they didnt recommend it as if further information / an interview was required i couldnt attend
i`ll try and dig the email out for you

regards steve
Old Aug 8th 2006, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

moving in eight weeks mate to the gold coast
i`m in the process of filling in the artc application as we speak

you need the following for the application
question
1 tra file ref no
2 australian address
3 residential status
visa subclass

although i did read last week that a sparky had got his artc prior to leaving the uk
i emailed the tra
( its the same place that did your tra assessemnt for migration )
and they have confirmed that you can apply prior to arriving in aus but that they didnt recommend it as if further information / an interview was required i couldnt attend
i`ll try and dig the email out for you

regards steve

Found out yesterday that you can apply for a licence once you have the TRA classification (ARTC cert) plus have attended a course and passed an exam on the Oz wiring rules. Well that's here in South Australia anyway.

It's took me a year to figure that out, so don't ask me about other states, cos I don't know