Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Arriving In Perth October/November 2008

Arriving In Perth October/November 2008

Old Sep 7th 2008, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all
Default Arriving In Perth October/November 2008

Hi Everybody, my OH, myself and our daughter (13yrs old this month) will be arriving in Perth on 25th October.

Our daughter is quite shy and I'd love any suggestions on how to help her make friends. We want to get her started in school asap and encourage her to settle in and make friends. Anyone else arriving or already in Perth with daughters around the same age and would be willing to meet up?

With that in mind we are looking to rent some where with a pool. We were told that if you have a pool that this would encourage friends to come over and for family to visit. We haven't found anywhere yet but we'd be willing to pay upto a month in advance. Probably looking in the Carine SHS catchment area, as my sisters are both in that area. Anyone know of any property which may be suitable?

Phew there's a lot to take in so before I ramble on any further I'll finish it there.

Thanks all.

M
Old Sep 7th 2008, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Arriving In Perth October/November 2008

Originally Posted by margy
Hi Everybody, my OH, myself and our daughter (13yrs old this month) will be arriving in Perth on 25th October.

Our daughter is quite shy and I'd love any suggestions on how to help her make friends. We want to get her started in school asap and encourage her to settle in and make friends. Anyone else arriving or already in Perth with daughters around the same age and would be willing to meet up?

With that in mind we are looking to rent some where with a pool. We were told that if you have a pool that this would encourage friends to come over and for family to visit. We haven't found anywhere yet but we'd be willing to pay upto a month in advance. Probably looking in the Carine SHS catchment area, as my sisters are both in that area. Anyone know of any property which may be suitable?

Phew there's a lot to take in so before I ramble on any further I'll finish it there.

Thanks all.

M
Have a look at ozstays. Loads of places on there!
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Ozstays - that is temporary furnished, we are looking for something more long term and unfurnished. We'll be camping in the house until our furniture arrives!

Not sure if the schools will accept temporary accommodation addresses.

Thanks for replying anyway.

M
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Hi Everyone,

omg our visa has just come through!

Wow it's really happening.

We'll be out there end of October, our daughter is 13 in a few weeks and if anyone has a teenage daughter of a similar age wouldn't mind hooking up that would be great!

Thanks all

M
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

wiginer is an unknown quantity at this point

hi margy, we set off for perth 6th october. we are renting place just outside fremantle for the first 6 weeks, but not sure where we will eventually end up, probably be somewhere close to that though as the wifes job is in fremantle.
we have 2 daughters one 13 the other 11. would be happy to meet up if it were logistically possible, keep in touch.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wiginer
hi margy, we set off for perth 6th october. we are renting place just outside fremantle for the first 6 weeks, but not sure where we will eventually end up, probably be somewhere close to that though as the wifes job is in fremantle.
we have 2 daughters one 13 the other 11. would be happy to meet up if it were logistically possible, keep in touch.
Thanks wiginer, really appreciate it.

We visited Fremantle in April it's lovely there.

We're hoping to be nearer my sisters so over in the Carine SHS catchment area.

Will be in touch later.

Thanks again.

M