Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Arrived this week - starting in WARNER but looking at SPRINGFIELD LAKES

Arrived this week - starting in WARNER but looking at SPRINGFIELD LAKES

Old May 13th 2006, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

greggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Arrived this week - starting in WARNER but looking at SPRINGFIELD LAKES

We finally arrived on Sunday evening after what seemed like a fairly long flight this time, think we were emotionally drained after a week of goodbye's.
We are initally staying with family in the Warner area ( near Strathpine, Albnay Creek etc ) and wondered if anyone else was out this way. We are still finding our feet and have sorted out the bank's, tax file no, waiting to apply for medicare etc. OH has picked up a cheap car to start us off. Going to spend the next couple of weeks looking at areas to settle although think we will stay here for the first six months or so as have enrolled little one in a local nursery to give her some stability. We drove over to Springfield Lakes yesterday and like the set up and what it is going to be ( compared Forest Lakes for something that was finished already). Anyone got any info on these areas ?

Obviously still a lot to do and will probably be asking lots more questions in the future.
Old May 13th 2006, 7:39 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrived this week - starting in WARNER but looking at SPRINGFIELD LAKES

Hi Greggsy we are heading to Springfield Lakes (hopefully in October) the brother in law has been there nearly 4 years and loves it. We went for a visit at the end of 2004 and that was when we made the decision to go. The community spirit in the lakes area is brilliant and there is always something going on (especially if you have kids the free movie nights and 'meet your new neighbours sausage sizzles' are a great way to make you feel at home.
We are moving just up from the shops area in a cul-de-sac called Neptune Road and the house should be finished sometime in December.
You will find some more information about the area on delfinrealty.com.au and there is a link to the springfield lakes site. You can also get a bit of info about the new city they are building on th Ipswich council website.

Good luck with your house hunting, hope you find the area that you want and you never know maybe we will see you in October

Loz x
Old May 14th 2006, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

greggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Arrived this week - starting in WARNER but looking at SPRINGFIELD LAKES

Thanks for info been hunting in bayside today and like the look of wynnum as well decisions decisions have to have a long think about where to go let us know how it goes in lakes with house
Old May 14th 2006, 12:20 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Hello matey

I'm about 5 minutes from you.

Rich
Old May 14th 2006, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Hello matey

Rich
I can take a hint.
Old May 14th 2006, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Hello matey

Rich

Did you mean 5 mins from Warner or Springfield lakes ? and what did you mean by I can take a hint ?
Old May 14th 2006, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by greggsy
Did you mean 5 mins from Warner or Springfield lakes ? and what did you mean by I can take a hint ?
2 mins from Warner, 5 to Strathpine.

I answered and you went offline.
Old May 14th 2006, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

I can take a hint.

Just checked my PM and realised you are down the road from me sorry about that been flat out this week as you can imagine sorting all the bits out car banks etc etc. Where are you living dont suppose you have any kids about 3 or 4 years old that would give my daughter someone to play with. We are off to sunshine coast for a week now for a break and boy do we need it. I will get in touch when we return. Cheers for now

Mark
Old May 14th 2006, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

2 mins from Warner, 5 to Strathpine.

I answered and you went offline.
sorry didnt get your message till i logged back in any tips on the area
Old May 14th 2006, 12:59 pm

You don't remember me then? Aircraft engineer the same trade as you?
Old May 14th 2006, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

You don't remember me then? Aircraft engineer the same trade as you?

Yes i do now but i have to admit moving half way round the world with your family has completely knackered me out and i hardly know what day it is at the mo
Old May 14th 2006, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by greggsy
Yes i do now but i have to admit moving half way round the world with your family has completely knackered me out and i hardly know what day it is at the mo
It will calm down a bit.