Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Arrived! (UK-NZ-Oz)

Arrived! (UK-NZ-Oz)

Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:48 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Arrived! (UK-NZ-Oz)

Been here a week and we're all still exhausted from the whole process (arrived in Oz two years to the day we landed in NZ), as I'm sure those who have done the same process will understand!!!

First impressions of Newcastle are very good - glad the hot weather of yesterday wasn't the norm though!

Looking forward to getting some normality in the family and meeting people
Old Jan 25th 2009, 5:24 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrived! (UK-NZ-Oz)

Welcome.

Now change the location entry in your profile.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:21 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Done! Thanks for the heads up
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Dear Bourbon,

I thought that the Nz 2 Oz process tokk five years to residency.

Am I wrong or is it the wrong process?

Bezza
Old Jan 25th 2009, 10:39 am
---

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question! We migrated to NZ on the basis of my husband's NZ citizenship. We're here in Oz by virtue of his NZ citizenship again (the 461 visa) but will be going for PR, either by the 175 or ENS, ASAP. Just need to decide between 175 or ENS but really need to get our skates on as I want to go to uni and we can't afford international fees!
Old Jan 25th 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Have read my question again and I must confess I hardly understand it either!

What i tried to say / ask was how come you only needed to spend 2 years in NZ before crossing the ditch as Citizenship takes 5 years. Obvioulsy the fact your OH is an NZ citizen makes my question meaningless.

Hope it all goes well.

Bezza
Old Jan 25th 2009, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

johnokiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome ! to Oz and Newcastle (although don't need shades yet today!)

We've trod a very similiar path to yours and are starting to settle down here now - Newcastle seems pretty good to end up in after all our hauling ourselves round - it is exhausting isn't it !

Hopefully a meetup soon for all us Newcastle newish newbies..
and drop us a pm if you want to catch up sometime!

Cat, Dave et al
Old Jan 26th 2009, 9:51 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Been here a week and we're all still exhausted from the whole process (arrived in Oz two years to the day we landed in NZ), as I'm sure those who have done the same process will understand!!!

First impressions of Newcastle are very good - glad the hot weather of yesterday wasn't the norm though!

Looking forward to getting some normality in the family and meeting people
Welcome Hon,
Hope OZ is good to you
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:03 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
I'm sorry, I don't understand the question! We migrated to NZ on the basis of my husband's NZ citizenship. We're here in Oz by virtue of his NZ citizenship again (the 461 visa) but will be going for PR, either by the 175 or ENS, ASAP. Just need to decide between 175 or ENS but really need to get our skates on as I want to go to uni and we can't afford international fees!

I am here on my NZ passport and pay domestic fees at uni, no HECS though. Not sure what the rules are for spouse of NZ citizen.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 9:39 pm
---

Originally Posted by Watt Dabney
I am here on my NZ passport and pay domestic fees at uni, no HECS though. Not sure what the rules are for spouse of NZ citizen.
Alas, international fees for NZ spouse
Old Jan 31st 2009, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

AMCD is an unknown quantity at this point

I arrived earlier this week and first impressions are great of this place. Not really a city but a big town with fab. beaches and nice people. Rental and even houseshare of a good quality seems really difficult though
Old Feb 1st 2009, 12:25 am
---

Welcome! We've only been here a couple of weeks but are really warming to the place

Actually, I'm not sure why more migrants don't head here given it's got all the key ingredients for the Oz lifestyle at a (comparably) reasonable price. Just back form a weekend in Anna Bay (1 hr north), had a lovely time but sort of seem pointless going anywhere else because the local beaches are so damn fine. Newcastle city itself is a funny place- sort of waiting for the council to realise the tourist potential of the place and steer the development that way- but we tend to use the malls to shop, given we're only 5-10 mins from Westfield Kotara. Beaches in Newcastle are awesome- you can go to proper city beaches like Newcastle and Merewether or drive 10 mins and go to remote bush backed Dudley or family 'Home and Away-style' Redhead. It's just 2 hours from Sydney, which is cool. It's NSW so the weather is awesome and the population density not too low and has a reasonable culture vibe. Both Darby St and Beaumont in the city have got a good nightlife thing going on- cafe culture and you can drive out to the Hunter wineries. It's awesome here

Where the bloody hell are you?
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Glad you made it over here

Been here over 2 years now and things have gone from good to even better!

Just had med's for our PR and hopefully should be putting the rest of the paperwork in within the next week................then I'll feel "safe"!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice

[QUOTE=bourbon-biscuit;7234662)

Actually, I'm not sure why more migrants don't head here ..........

Where the bloody hell are you?[/QUOTE]

Shhhhhhhhhhh ....... lets keep it our little secret! lol
Old Feb 9th 2009, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Originally Posted by Macquarie
Shhhhhhhhhhh ....... lets keep it our little secret! lol
Glad to see you're enjoying it! I went on one of the wine tours on Saturday and it was great fun but bloody hot up the valley! We really should organise a meet-up in Newcastle for the next weekend or something... I'm moving to nr Wollongong next week!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.