Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Arrived in Perth - got 100 questions :(

Arrived in Perth - got 100 questions :(

Old Jan 16th 2007, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Arrived in Perth - got 100 questions :(

Originally Posted by MightyMouse
Hi - finally in some kind of routine and now have internet access at home - wahey - so able to catch up with this thread. It seems there are a few of us mums with young kids who would like to meet up....not sure if those of you who replied will notice this (if not I'll pm you) but anyone in the Perth area who wants to meet up and let our kids run riot in a park somewhere post on here and we'll see if we can arrange something?
I know you don't I? Phone me, you numpty , I'm at home with the girls all day most days. Hope you've settled into the new house. We're not even 10 minutes away but don't like to pop in unannounced. Take care.
Tracey (& Ian)
Old Jan 16th 2007, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MightyMouse
Hi all - finally back online (still at library though).
Just wanted to thank you all for your posts...they really do help - especially the kind offers of meeting up etc (which would be lovely!).

We move into our own rental on the 18th (Ocean Reef) so will have our internet access sorted soon after and I'll be able to post properly and hopefully arrange a coffee with some of you - the Hillary's meetup sounds great as well.

I've phoned round all the playgroups and found one I'd really like to join (helped that the girl running it is Scottish and lived in the town next to me..talk about a small world !). That doesn't start until end of January though so until then it's the park and soft ball centre for me - been told of a few good ones in the area - just a bit tricky with a 6mo as well but hey, it's my job

Will be in touch soon - I'm due home now as the youngest is due her feed (had an hour away from the sprogs and it's been FANTASTIC!)..even if it was to pop to the library to get Toddler Taming and The Contented Little Baby Book of Weaning

Hopefully see some of you soon
x
Was that Nicola from play group in Ocean Reef? Think she mentioned something to me the other week about getting a phone call from someone from near Falkirk!......See, you can't sneeze in Perth without someone finding out about it!! Will look forward to meeting you at PlayGroup in Jan- or come along to the coffee meet at Whitford Nodes park during the school hols. Thurs at 12.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

MightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
I know you don't I? Phone me, you numpty , I'm at home with the girls all day most days. Hope you've settled into the new house. We're not even 10 minutes away but don't like to pop in unannounced. Take care.
Tracey (& Ian)
pmsl @ your post Tracey, lol. I've been going to mail you now that I'm finally online - such a relief to have my internet access I'll pm you my mobile number - I've been asking Jamie about us meeting up but you know what men are like when it comes to arranging things
We're finally getting sorted at the house - less boxes to unpack etc so will arrange a night with you up here.
Will catch up soon
Old Jan 16th 2007, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

MightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by YFitz
Was that Nicola from play group in Ocean Reef? Think she mentioned something to me the other week about getting a phone call from someone from near Falkirk!......See, you can't sneeze in Perth without someone finding out about it!! Will look forward to meeting you at PlayGroup in Jan- or come along to the coffee meet at Whitford Nodes park during the school hols. Thurs at 12.
Flippin heck - it's a small world eh Yeah, it was Nicola that I spoke to - I'm going to be coming along to the Wednesday playgroup when it starts. Looking forward to finding out where all the other mums go to ... the parks I go to (apart from Iluka) are always empty - back home that was only the case when it was raining (eh Tracey, lol).
Will definately make sure I pop along to one of the meetups at Whitfords too