Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Arrived in OZ safe and sound.

Arrived in OZ safe and sound.

Old Sep 8th 2006, 4:45 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice
Default Arrived in OZ safe and sound.

Hi All
Its been ages since we came on to the site, mainly because we packed our computer up 2 weeks before we flew out ourselves, so only now getting on to catch up with gossip etc.

We flew with Singapore airlines from Manchester on the 1st September, we did not go for a stop over and only had 4 hours in Singapore before our connecting flight to Brisbane. The flight from Manchester to Singapore was very bumpy and the final hour and a half before we landed in Singapore was hell, we had to keep our seat belts on as we flew through a storm and the skys were just full of thunder and lightning bolts, I was shittin myself as I am not a good flyer at the best of times. The connecting flights to Brisbane which took 7 hours was better and we flew over OZ with clear skys so we could look down at the red earth below us. We took a total of 10 suitcases with us and were over our 20kg limit each for the five of us but with not bieng able to take so much hand luggage we got away with it. I taped red and white selotape around all our luggage handles so when it all came of baggage retrieval we saw it all no problem, there as so much luggage that looke the same that we would have been there or ages pulling others off to see if it was ours. It was all ok and no loss or damages.

We were met at the airport by family and it was a very emotional re-union, we are now staying in a small town between Brownsplains and Jimboomba. The mornings here are very cold and I had forgotten how cold it went. But unlike the UK the cold soon becomes a bearable warm once the sun comes up. We managed to catch up with all our dirty washing, it all dried outside within an couple of hours.

Went into Brownsplains to do some shopping and get some bits and pieces for the house we are living in. We are ping pong poms and left OZ 6 years ago vowing never to return, but once back in the UK realised we wanted to give Oz another go this time with a different outlook on life here. I am even considering getting a ute! yes a good old Ozzie icon, the ute. Dont think I will go for the red and black flanalette shirts though :scared: We have everything here in boxes as we left it 6 years ago plus all our boxes from the UK coming over. We are lucky that we dont have to go out getting all the essentials we would need. Brownsplains shopping area is getting bigger, people still go shopping bare foot, although when we went to Carindale they didnt.

We are staying on a property set on 7 acres, we have a self contained house on the end of the main house, in the morning we can sit and watch the lorrakeets and cockatoos strut around the patio after nuts and sugar water we put out for them. The past two days we have had a group of Kangaroos on the gardens, two even had joeys in the pouches. It is a lovely sight and our sons are amazed by it all.

we are now looking for a car so we can get out on our own and look for our own place as well as work. Once we are on line again will post more about the areas we visit and stay.

we did meet a really nice family on the Singapore to brisbane leg of the journey and are hoping to meet up with them in Brisbane, if you read this, and you know who you are pm us and I will send our new mobile numbers to you.

Till later..Jayne

ps. please excuse the spelling mistakes etc, this comp I am on is old and doesnt have a spell checker.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice
Default Re: Arrived in OZ safe and sound.

Welcome back
Old Sep 8th 2006, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds wonderful!
Old Sep 8th 2006, 5:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Australia
Old Sep 8th 2006, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Sara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant future

Great to read your post - Good luck,
Sara
Old Sep 8th 2006, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Sounds brilliant. Good luck.