Wikiposts

Arrived!!!

Old Nov 2nd 2003, 11:22 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Sounds like my kind of lunch Mrs D! Beer and racing, excellent!! Specially as it has been suggested I should drink less till I get a job to pay for it! I'm not his wife yet, so I'll just ignore him!!!
Only 1 problem, I would have to actually find a pub LOL. Not the sort of place I frequent alot, will have to put my thinking cap on
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 11:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Means theres no beer left in the unit! ARGHHHH!!! And only one small precious bottle of Dry Blackthorn Cider which I found in the bottom of one of my holdalls when I unpacked it today! Thought I'd drunk them all at my sister's, so it was a lovely surprise!!
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you all arrived safely Suffolk, safe trip down to Melbourne.

footie chick
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats suffolk diva....hope to meet you in melbourne.....

cheers
booboo
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to hear from you suffolkdiva

Thats rather an interesting tale about the sudafed.
Them sniffer dogs certainly know how to do their job.
I bet it was a bit daunting for you though.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you

Diane
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 3:41 am
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to hear all is well....of course i'm not green with envy or anything
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 4:07 am
Melbourne wannabe

Sparkley is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one Suffolk!! Is it still gorgeous in Brisbane? How are you getting to Melbourne? We'll be doing the same trip in a few week's time and driving! Just wondered if you'd any tips about the route cos altho my b/f is from Melbourne his sense of direction isn't always perfect! (sorry if you're reading this hon )

Best of luck with your trip - have fun!
Sparkley
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Good to hear that you have arrived safely,_ thanks for the tip about Sudafed, I don't think I will take any with us now:scared:
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Glad you all arrived Ok. Good luck.
Debs
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear your post and look forward to the rest....
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Arrived!!!

Originally posted by suffolkdiva
Well we are finally here....after all that planning, it's actually happened.

Flew with Singapore airlines who were fantastic. The kids loved the on demand movies and games and even the food wasn't bad. We had a fabulous few days in Singapore, it was stinking hot, 32C and 98% humidity. Our hotel was very smart and we all loved the city. For anybody with kids, go to the night safari, Jurong birdpark and Sentosa. Also nearly all the restaurants along the Boat and Clarke key, do English kids menu alongside the usual one. very handy if like us you have fussy kids!

Arrived in Brisbane on sat and almost made it no further!! A drug sniffing dog singled us out as having illegal substances in our stuff. We had no idea why this was and though terrified just played it dumb. After a bag search, the culprit tuned out to be a bottle of Sudafed cough medicine as the kids left the YK with dreadful colds and coughs. Apparantly, the drug barons use Sudafed to manufacture Ecstecy! After all that, they let us keep the stuff with a stern warning not to import it again. So you lot beware!!!

We're now staying with my cousin in Toowoomba and will spend a few days with friends on the sunshine coast and Brisbane before heading down to Melbourne next week.
hi suffolkdiva
hope that the rest of your journey is a happy one!
best of luck with the rest of your new lives
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 7:42 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Default Re: Arrived!!!

Originally posted by suffolkdiva
Well we are finally here....after all that planning, it's actually happened.

Flew with Singapore airlines who were fantastic. The kids loved the on demand movies and games and even the food wasn't bad. We had a fabulous few days in Singapore, it was stinking hot, 32C and 98% humidity. Our hotel was very smart and we all loved the city. For anybody with kids, go to the night safari, Jurong birdpark and Sentosa. Also nearly all the restaurants along the Boat and Clarke key, do English kids menu alongside the usual one. very handy if like us you have fussy kids!

Arrived in Brisbane on sat and almost made it no further!! A drug sniffing dog singled us out as having illegal substances in our stuff. We had no idea why this was and though terrified just played it dumb. After a bag search, the culprit tuned out to be a bottle of Sudafed cough medicine as the kids left the YK with dreadful colds and coughs. Apparantly, the drug barons use Sudafed to manufacture Ecstecy! After all that, they let us keep the stuff with a stern warning not to import it again. So you lot beware!!!

We're now staying with my cousin in Toowoomba and will spend a few days with friends on the sunshine coast and Brisbane before heading down to Melbourne next week.
Sounds like you had a great time in Singapore. Enjoy your holiday with your friends and good luck in Melbourne.