Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

On arrival where to stay on the Sunshine coast?

On arrival where to stay on the Sunshine coast?

Old Oct 10th 2006, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Mick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default On arrival where to stay on the Sunshine coast?

Hi all,

I really need some recommendations please on where you would stay in and around the Mountain Creek, Buderim areas. These these have caught our eye for schooling but would like to have a good look around first.

We are a family of five with 3 boys 3, 8 and 10 so looking at schools around there. Our things wont catch up with until the end of Feb and we plan on arriving between the 15th & 24th Jan so will need somewhere furnished to start with. I'm getting a little worried as it is still school holidays and a bank holiday so I guess it will get booked up pretty quick. As soon as I can get this booked I'll book flights?

Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks

Georgina
Old Oct 10th 2006, 9:23 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice
Default Re: On arrival where to stay on the Sunshine coast?

Originally Posted by Mick-12
Hi all,

I really need some recommendations please on where you would stay in and around the Mountain Creek, Buderim areas. These these have caught our eye for schooling but would like to have a good look around first.

We are a family of five with 3 boys 3, 8 and 10 so looking at schools around there. Our things wont catch up with until the end of Feb and we plan on arriving between the 15th & 24th Jan so will need somewhere furnished to start with. I'm getting a little worried as it is still school holidays and a bank holiday so I guess it will get booked up pretty quick. As soon as I can get this booked I'll book flights?

Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks

Georgina
Georgina, Mountain Creek school is very highly rated by all accounts, so if you want your kids to go there you really need to contact the school and find out their catchment area I think. It is tight, we were told it can even come down to which side of the road you live on. However do not be too dismayed, plenty of good schools around. Also a lot of the private schools have their own buses and pick up from far and wide. Suggest you get on to the real estate agents or just as a suggestion ( quick brain storm here) go on the net and on google put in Sunshine Coast Daily ( local paper) sure you will see adverts for letting! Good luck! By the way best place to live in OZ!!!!
Old Oct 10th 2006, 9:27 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Originally Posted by vivi
Georgina, Mountain Creek school is very highly rated by all accounts, so if you want your kids to go there you really need to contact the school and find out their catchment area I think. It is tight, we were told it can even come down to which side of the road you live on. However do not be too dismayed, plenty of good schools around. Also a lot of the private schools have their own buses and pick up from far and wide. Suggest you get on to the real estate agents or just as a suggestion ( quick brain storm here) go on the net and on google put in Sunshine Coast Daily ( local paper) sure you will see adverts for letting! Good luck! By the way best place to live in OZ!!!!
Georgina, just checked out my brainstorm 181 adverts for letting!!!!
Old Oct 10th 2006, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Mick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vivi
Georgina, just checked out my brainstorm 181 adverts for letting!!!!
Vivi,

Thankyou very much for looking just did a quick search never looked there before surprisingly enough. I was just trying to get and idea of maybe more holiday places for the first couple of weeks then we can start to rent properly when we have had a good look around and got a true feel about areas and schools. Any views on Sienna Catholic Primary?

Where abouts are you located?

Georgina
Old Oct 10th 2006, 10:36 pm
vivi

Originally Posted by Mick-12
Vivi,

Thankyou very much for looking just did a quick search never looked there before surprisingly enough. I was just trying to get and idea of maybe more holiday places for the first couple of weeks then we can start to rent properly when we have had a good look around and got a true feel about areas and schools. Any views on Sienna Catholic Primary?

Where abouts are you located?

Georgina
Hi Georgina, do not know Sienna Catholic Primary, sorry. We are in Eudlo....tiny place 1700 people. Do remeber though that you are coming in Summer, might be hard to get a holiday let, don't leave it till the last minute though! Will try and cruise the net for you if possible!