Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

On Arrival Accomodation SA

On Arrival Accomodation SA

Old Jul 23rd 2008, 12:46 pm
FollowTheYellowBrickRoad

karlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to all
Default On Arrival Accomodation SA

Has anyone used the On Arrival Accomodation service?

Just looking into temporary accomodation for when we arrive, if anyone has used this service and can tell me if its recommended or not that would be really appreciated.
If anyone has any tips or advice on temporary accomodation in the Adelaide area at all I'd be really grateful.

Thanks in advance
Karla
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all
Default Re: On Arrival Accomodation SA

Originally Posted by karlakoala

Just looking into temporary accomodation for when we arrive, if anyone has used this service and can tell me if its recommended or not that would be really appreciated.
If anyone has any tips or advice on temporary accomodation in the Adelaide area at all I'd be really grateful.

Thanks in advance
Karla
We had the OAA last september in glenelg.the location was great and the place was basic and clean but we had the neigbours from hell..typical pisshead druggies who just didnt care about anything!!! the OAA are just like council flats/apartments but a good cheap start.
what part of rochdale are you from? i once lived in whitworth for a short spell
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:20 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Consider asking Judy Donnelly of home2home for details of how she might help: judy - at - h2h - dot- com - dot - au

Best regards.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Thanks in advance
Karla
Hi Karla

We didn't use OAA but booked a furnished rental in the Seaview Downs area for the first six weeks. Have spoken to a few people who used OAA and most of them say the same, basic, clean sometimes in good areas with pretty good neighbours but sometimes in not so good area with crappy niehgbours, its pot luck as you don't get to choose. Think we just typed in adelaide furnished rentals into google, 17 months ago there were only about 3 on the go but now there are loads, depends what area you are looking for. I know Roorentals have 3 properties in the South, sorry can't help with the north at all and there are some in the hills.

Good luck and all the best with the big move.

Nikki
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 3:38 pm
FollowTheYellowBrickRoad

karlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chippie74
We had the OAA last september in glenelg.the location was great and the place was basic and clean but we had the neigbours from hell..typical pisshead druggies who just didnt care about anything!!! the OAA are just like council flats/apartments but a good cheap start.
what part of rochdale are you from? i once lived in whitworth for a short spell
Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Consider asking Judy Donnelly of home2home for details of how she might help: judy - at - h2h - dot- com - dot - au

Best regards.
Originally Posted by Nikki.P
Hi Karla

We didn't use OAA but booked a furnished rental in the Seaview Downs area for the first six weeks. Have spoken to a few people who used OAA and most of them say the same, basic, clean sometimes in good areas with pretty good neighbours but sometimes in not so good area with crappy niehgbours, its pot luck as you don't get to choose. Think we just typed in adelaide furnished rentals into google, 17 months ago there were only about 3 on the go but now there are loads, depends what area you are looking for. I know Roorentals have 3 properties in the South, sorry can't help with the north at all and there are some in the hills.

Good luck and all the best with the big move.

Nikki
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Chippie, I live in the balderstone/oldham rd area. I take it you're not from Rochdale then as you say you lived here for a while. It's a crappy place!!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Chippie, I live in the balderstone/oldham rd area. I take it you're not from Rochdale then as you say you lived here for a while. It's a crappy place!!

from ashton-u-lyne..moved out last september..good luck with everything