Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

On Arrival Accommodation Service in SA?

On Arrival Accommodation Service in SA?

Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:21 am
Got it

Extreme_AG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default On Arrival Accommodation Service in SA?

Dear all,

is there anybody who has any knowledge or experience with "The On Arrival Accommodation Service" in South Australia and / or the South Australian Housing Trust (SAHT)? Thanks.

Cheers

Last edited by Extreme_AG; Apr 18th 2006 at 9:29 am.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On Arrival Accommodation Service in SA?

Originally Posted by Extreme_AG
Dear all,

is there anybody who has any knowledge or experience with "The On Arrival Accommodation Service" in South Australia and / or the South Australian Housing Trust (SAHT)? Thanks.

Cheers

When you say had experience, do you mean do we know how to go about getting it or actually used it??
Old Apr 18th 2006, 10:00 am
Got it

Extreme_AG is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I am searching for people that used this service. What kind of accommodation we have to expect, what kind of area and so on. Is it possible to get info about the flat beforehand, maybe some pics?
Old Apr 18th 2006, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I am searching for people that used this service. What kind of accommodation we have to expect, what kind of area and so on. Is it possible to get info about the flat beforehand, maybe some pics?
I haven't used it myself. But I know there os some really good info on it here http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...hp?showforum=1

You will have to register as a member to post or search.

From what I've read, you can get assigned anything, anywhere when you arrive. So I wouldn't think they would let you have pictures etc beforehand. But I could be wrong.

I've also heard that you get better houses etc if you have kids. Although again this is only what I've read.

Good luck
Old Apr 18th 2006, 11:09 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Dear all,

Cheers
luck of the draw whether you manage to get accommodation or not(we did`nt)!
heard differing stories some good some bad with regards people who did manage to get somewhere, again luck of the draw.
http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/sit..._onarrival.php
Old Apr 19th 2006, 12:02 pm

JanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud of

Hi,

I would like to ask the same question as we are heading to Adelaide later this year.

Regards,
Janni

Dear all,

Cheers