Around Brissy

Old Aug 30th 2004, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

carryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura about
Default Around Brissy

Pics at Surfers paradise, big prawn, Brissy, Redcliffe, and zoo.
Attached Thumbnails Around Brissy-surfers.jpg   Around Brissy-prawn.jpg   Around Brissy-brisbank.jpg   Around Brissy-redcliffe.jpg  

Last edited by carryon; Aug 30th 2004 at 6:29 pm.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 11:30 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Around Brissy

Originally Posted by carryon
Pics at Surfers paradise, big prawn, Brissy, Redcliffe, and zoo.
Is that Redcliffe picture the one of the new lagoon that they built this year ?

Old Sep 1st 2004, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

carryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura about

Hi ya ABC, yes it is the lagoon, dont know when it was built though? It did look rather new, it's a nice place, kids playground, picnic areas, great for a swim, i quite liked that area, Redcliffe, Scarbourough, kippa ring.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Hi ya ABC, yes it is the lagoon, dont know when it was built though? It did look rather new, it's a nice place, kids playground, picnic areas, great for a swim, i quite liked that area, Redcliffe, Scarbourough, kippa ring.
Hi carryon. We've got friends in Redcliffe (Woody Point and Clontarf), and it is a nice wee area. Scarbourough has some lovely canal properties, but expensive! Are you thinking of buying there, or do you have friends/family there. It's great seeing photos, only last night I called my friend, (more of a surrogate grandad!) to have a wee chat. When do you hope to be out?
Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by logan
Hi carryon. We've got <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=friends&v=55">friends</a> in Redcliffe (Woody Point and Clontarf), and it is a nice wee area. Scarbourough has some lovely canal properties, but expensive! Are you thinking of buying there, or do you have friends/family there. It's great seeing <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=photos&v=55">photos</a>, only last night I called my friend, (more of a surrogate grandad!) to have a wee <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=chat&v=55">chat</a>. When do you hope to be out?
great photos, thanks. visited all the same places last christmas with my daughter, brought the memories flooding back. wish i was there again now.......one day!!! i think it would be great to see more photos from other members of where they live and places visited in oz etc, just makes things seem more real,

ta
debbiemc
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:04 pm
ABCDiamond

I was up there sometime last year, not sure exactly when, but they were in the process of rebuilding the lagoon. We had been told there was one there, and went up to see it, but they were re-building it.

This was a picture of the beach on that day:
Attached Thumbnails Around Brissy-redcliffe-beach.jpg  

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi ya Logan, we were just travelling around Aus to see where we liked most,havn't even started emigration process yet, my wife cant make a desicion as to if she wants to go or not although once she does ,if she does it should be quick as she is a nurse, weve visited twice and both love the place, didn't really get enough time around Brissy, but loved Perth and Adelaide, where are you hoping to settle?
Good luck with it all, Carryon crew!
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Hi ya Logan, we were just travelling around Aus to see where we liked most,havn't even started emigration process yet, my wife cant make a desicion as to if she wants to go or not although once she does ,if she does it should be quick as she is a nurse, weve visited twice and both love the place, didn't really get enough time around Brissy, but loved Perth and Adelaide, where are you hoping to settle?
Good luck with it all, Carryon crew!
Hiya back! Used to live in North Brissy, Carseldine. Have friends in Bracken Ridge, Woody Point and Clontarf at Redcliffe. We liked the size of the plots a bit further out at the likes of Burpengary, room for the pool etc! It's also close to the highway, as we both hope to work at the airport. Still waiting on the TRA, (it was 4 months at the weekend) but still hoping to be going out end of Jan. 2005.
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I was up there sometime last year, not sure exactly when, but they were in the process of rebuilding the lagoon. We had been told there was one there, and went up to see it, but they were re-building it.

This was a picture of the beach on that day:

Take the dog down there every morning, 2 old guys have a swim without fail 6am every day.

Still at Redcliffe, and still enjoying it.
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 3:49 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by ScuntoBris
Still at Redcliffe, and still enjoying it.
You must be one of that silent majority

Old Sep 3rd 2004, 5:28 am
Back in Brisbane!

fimart is an unknown quantity at this point

We are at Sandgate (over the bridge from Redcliffe, closer to the city and still a part of Brisbane City Council with a train station) and although it doesn't have a lagoon etc it is a piece of old Queensland, with a pretty park and lagoon in the town centre and 4 kms of flat beachfront for cycling and walking, and beautiful old Queenslander houses all along the shoreline. There is a public pool complex on the waterfront as well but it is not as flash as Redcliffe. The tide is usually out most of the time exposing the mudflats but it is great for dogs and kids to run around and splash. We are loving it. I think though housing might still be cheaper in Redcliffe.
We are thankful everyday when we do mundane things like go shoping and we can see the blue sky and the blue sea stretching out before us. There is also a great view of the sunset over the glasshouse mountains from the Shorncliffe pier.
It is great here.
Fi
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 5:29 am
Back in Brisbane!

We are at Sandgate (over the bridge from Redcliffe, closer to the city and still a part of Brisbane City Council with a train station) and although it doesn't have a lagoon etc it is a piece of old Queensland, with a pretty park and lagoon in the town centre and 4 kms of flat beachfront for cycling and walking, and beautiful old Queenslander houses all along the shoreline. There is a public pool complex on the waterfront as well but it is not as flash as Redcliffe. The tide is usually out most of the time exposing the mudflats but it is great for dogs and kids to run around and splash. We are loving it. I think though housing might still be cheaper in Redcliffe.
We are thankful everyday when we do mundane things like go shopping and we can see the blue sky and the blue sea stretching out before us. There is also a great view of the sunset over the glasshouse mountains from the Shorncliffe pier.
It is great here.
Fi
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 5:30 am
Back in Brisbane!

sorry posted twice by mistake!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 5:47 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by logan
Hiya back! Used to live in North Brissy, Carseldine. Have friends in Bracken Ridge, Woody Point and Clontarf at Redcliffe. We liked the size of the plots a bit further out at the likes of Burpengary, room for the pool etc! It's also close to the highway, as we both hope to work at the airport. Still waiting on the TRA, (it was 4 months at the weekend) but still hoping to be going out end of Jan. 2005.

I'm in Bracken Ridge

You wouldn't recognise the area now... there's building work going on everywhere. The QUT in Carseldine looks completely different from the outside since about 3months ago.
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 5:48 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by fimart
We are thankful everyday when we do mundane things like go shopping and we can see the blue sky and the blue sea stretching out before us. There is also a great view of the sunset over the glasshouse mountains from the Shorncliffe pier.
It is great here.
Fi
You're so close to me! Have you been to the new Italian there yet? We got a leaflet through the door last week. Apparently there's all you can eat pasta & garlic bread during the weeks for a set price

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.