Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Armadale , Perth

Armadale , Perth

Old Mar 1st 2007, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Armadale , Perth

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Sure, Mt Nasura and Roleystone are nice and although they might be in Armadale Shire, they are not Armadale
To put it, geographically, the west side of the Albany Highway is the " aussie battler" rough side. However the Seville Grove area has recently been developed into a residential area and to some it's seen as first home buyers territory. Land development is still continueing at a phenomenal pace.

To the east it's all hills suburbs of Mt Richon, Mt Nasura, Churchman's Brook and Roleystone etc.
Armadale town centre is currently a massive building site with redevelopment of the shopping precinct. The railway station has already been upgraded.
The town centre is actually now looking good.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

If you have children - check out the schools first. No one has yet had anything good to say about Armadale senior school
Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by alan and sam
personally, i would say stay away from Kelmscott!!! (very very bad!)

Have a good look around Armadale, as in all areas there are pockets of crap! (yes even up here in the hills)
But there are some nice places too!! it's not all bad!!!
Totally agree I wouldn't live there
Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:29 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy
If you have children - check out the schools first. No one has yet had anything good to say about Armadale senior school
Yup totally agree Chippy. We checked out schools before we left for our rekkie and went to visit them too. Well worth doing this and we have found a great school by doing a little homework prior to going
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:13 am
A happy pom in Oz!

johnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura about

I have lived in the Armadale / Kelmscott area since 1988 and have no inclination to move.

I love the hills, access to the city and beaches doesn't take long.

Yes there are a few bad pockets, but nothing compared to some of the suburbs of Oxford area or indeed some of the Northern Suburbs.

There are some lovely homes, two great government primary schools in the hills at Kelmscott, and a fantastic government High School.

Armadale city centre is being re-developed and Kelmscott centre is set for a facelift.

I agree that there are some problem areas on one side of the Albany Highway, but generally small potatoes.

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.