Arghhh - PANIC!

Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Funky Chicken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arghhh - PANIC!

Having applied for a PR visa about 8 moths ago I was just doing my own thing with all the time in the world.

I find out on Friday that my company want me to relocate to Aus in 6 weeks time on a sponsored visa.

I am now in free fall panic, what about the house, kids, schools, storage, cars, terms and conditions etc etc.

Having thought, "wouldn't it be nice to spend some time down under", the panic of somebody just dumping it on you is really scary.

Anyway, it looks like it will be Melobourne if it all goes ahead so I will probably want lots of advice over the next few days.

Chris.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:54 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arghhh - PANIC!

Originally Posted by Funky Chicken
Having applied for a PR visa about 8 moths ago I was just doing my own thing with all the time in the world.

I find out on Friday that my company want me to relocate to Aus in 6 weeks time on a sponsored visa.

I am now in free fall panic, what about the house, kids, schools, storage, cars, terms and conditions etc etc.

Having thought, "wouldn't it be nice to spend some time down under", the panic of somebody just dumping it on you is really scary.

Anyway, it looks like it will be Melobourne if it all goes ahead so I will probably want lots of advice over the next few days.

Chris.
Chris - I recommend you post some questions on the immigration forum and the situation of having two visa applications (don't think you can) and most importantly, if you switch to the sponsored one you are less secure than if you continue with the PR. JAJ will be able to give you more detail.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 1:32 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arghhh - PANIC!

Chris.
As Worzel says get some advice on this as My understanding is that the last visa to be granted cancels any previous visa.