Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Argh! Packing again!

Argh! Packing again!

Old Sep 4th 2005, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Argh! Packing again!

I am heartily sick of this lark!

September 2004 - Packed up village life. Most into storage, some to a rental home for 6 months

March 2005
- Packed up remaining belongings and shipped after main lot had gone

April 2005 - Moved into Aussie rental

Mid April 2005 - Shipment arrives and we unpack a fair bit

Early May - Second shipment arrives - unpack all, as was the essentials!

Mid May
- had baby (nearly forgot )

August 2005 - Bought house

September 2005 - Moving to new house and packing again

If I ever feel homesick I just have to remember the upheaval of the last year and amazingly I feel very settled, calm and happy. Just the thought of doing this again :scared:

Better be off, the shoes need their own container

Mrs J
Old Sep 4th 2005, 4:51 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Argh! Packing again!

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
I am heartily sick of this lark!

September 2004 - Packed up village life. Most into storage, some to a rental home for 6 months

March 2005
- Packed up remaining belongings and shipped after main lot had gone

April 2005 - Moved into Aussie rental

Mid April 2005 - Shipment arrives and we unpack a fair bit

Early May - Second shipment arrives - unpack all, as was the essentials!

Mid May
- had baby (nearly forgot )

August 2005 - Bought house

September 2005 - Moving to new house and packing again

If I ever feel homesick I just have to remember the upheaval of the last year and amazingly I feel very settled, calm and happy. Just the thought of doing this again :scared:

Better be off, the shoes need their own container

Mrs J
Oh sympathy, Mrs J!

The move to Oz was my 21st move as an adult and I'm heartily fed up with packing, unpacking, settling and moving on again. Why is it that each time you move, something always gets left behind or goes missing? No matter how careful you are to check every nook and cranny.

Good luck with your move. May your new home bring you much happiness and prosperity.

Sue
Old Sep 4th 2005, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Argh! Packing again!

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Oh sympathy, Mrs J!

The move to Oz was my 21st move as an adult and I'm heartily fed up with packing, unpacking, settling and moving on again. Why is it that each time you move, something always gets left behind or goes missing? No matter how careful you are to check every nook and cranny.

Good luck with your move. May your new home bring you much happiness and prosperity.

Sue
Thanks Sue,
I think I'll try some of that Feng Shui shenanigans in our new house, it can't hurt! A dripping tap is supposed to drain you of wealth (silly me thought it was emigrating and taking 6 months off), and our shower is practically gushing!
Take care X