Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Argh...Electronic Student Visa App. Anyone done one? Help!!

Argh...Electronic Student Visa App. Anyone done one? Help!!

Old Jan 18th 2007, 8:37 am
Tiger Barker

tigerbarker is on a distinguished road
Default Argh...Electronic Student Visa App. Anyone done one? Help!!

Ooooooooo I'm confused!

I've just completed an electronic student visa application, thinking this would speed up the process.

It all went quite well, fairly easy to complete, even though we are a family of five. However, after payment it advised me to get my medicals, xrays and Form 1229's for the kids (Consent form to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years) completed but it's a little vague on where to send them............it's suggesting to PERTH OFFSHORE Student Processing Centre??

Is this correct??? Am I panicking??? The medical centre said they usually send them to London?? Ooooooooooooo

HELP!!
Old Jan 20th 2007, 10:28 pm
Tiger Barker

Default Re: Argh...Electronic Student Visa App. Anyone done one? Help!!

Originally Posted by tigerbarker
Ooooooooo I'm confused!

I've just completed an electronic student visa application, thinking this would speed up the process.

It all went quite well, fairly easy to complete, even though we are a family of five. However, after payment it advised me to get my medicals, xrays and Form 1229's for the kids (Consent form to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years) completed but it's a little vague on where to send them............it's suggesting to PERTH OFFSHORE Student Processing Centre??

Is this correct??? Am I panicking??? The medical centre said they usually send them to London?? Ooooooooooooo

HELP!!
Ok..I'm slightly more calm now. In case anyone else wants this information I have found out that my medicals do need to go to London quoting the TRN number I got from my online application.

I was also advised to wait for the Case Officer to contact me via email. I can also electronically attach extra forms that are needed. The Case Office will ask for which ever forms they feel they need to see. I'm told these only have to be sent to London to be verified by someone there who will then confirm to the Perth office that they have been seen.

I hope this helps anyone else in a simular position. I'm sure I'll find out more as I go along.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 12:40 pm
Tiger Barker

A bit more info if anyone is interested??

Didn't have to send forms to London to be verified, only had to electronically attach them to my Visa application. It was all very easy and smooth, I would recommmend doing a student visa online, and mine included the complications of children from previous relationships........! Job done! Yippee.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Goodi is an unknown quantity at this point

Great Info, I may be calling on you when we eventually get around to doing ours, if I struggle
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:06 pm
Tiger Barker

Pleasure, if I can help I will. Good luck.