Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

"The Arena" Brisbane?

"The Arena" Brisbane?

Old Oct 8th 2003, 1:40 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default "The Arena" Brisbane?

Anyone ever been to "The Arena" (Fortitude Valley) in Brisbane? What is it, and what's it like? (Yes and I've tried using Google search before anyone mentions it and I've asked around. Nobody I know has been there.. perhaps because the place hosts not so main stream bands. I'm not finding anything about the actual building/place.. like do they serve beer? can you smoke? cough!)

I have a booked tickets to see one of my fav heavy metal bands who will be playing there in November and I can't find much info on the venue. All I know it looks like a underground music club (ie bands such as rock/heavy metal,, punk, dance and Jazz) . Is it a pub sort of thing?

Any of you ever been there? Or has anyone got any info on the place?

Thanks
Old Oct 8th 2003, 2:18 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ceri, I havent been, but I asked a couple of friends & this was their opinion. Typical club, bar & yes you can smoke (although one commented about having to duck to the toilets for a smoke which I thought was strange until I realised what sort of smoking they were referring to LOL). Definitely frequented by the younger set & can get very crowded. Basically the concensus is that its a great venue for live entertainment. Who are you going to see?

Hope that helps, someone whos actually been may be able to add more
Old Oct 8th 2003, 2:28 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: "The Arena" Brisbane?

Oh well I'll try this question somewhere else. Too many "pop" fans here I suppose

I would have thought someone has been there.

cheers
Attached Thumbnails "The Arena" Brisbane?-sepultura1.jpg  
Old Oct 8th 2003, 2:28 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Ceri, I havent been, but I asked a couple of friends & this was their opinion. Typical club, bar & yes you can smoke (although one commented about having to duck to the toilets for a smoke which I thought was strange until I realised what sort of smoking they were referring to LOL). Definitely frequented by the younger set & can get very crowded. Basically the concensus is that its a great venue for live entertainment. Who are you going to see?

Hope that helps, someone whos actually been may be able to add more
Your answer crossed with mine.. (so I didn't see your answer)
Thank you Mrs Dagboy

PS - Sepultura (whoo hoo ) I don't know who they are going to get sing "Roots" with them though (Pavarotti sang with them on roots.. you must have heard of Roots Bl**dy Roots , one of their more famous songs).

Last edited by Ceri; Oct 8th 2003 at 3:10 am.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 12:29 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Ceri
Your answer crossed with mine.. (so I didn't see your answer)
Thank you Mrs Dagboy

PS - Sepultura (whoo hoo ) I don't know who they are going to get sing "Roots" with them though (Pavarotti sang with them on roots.. you must have heard of Roots Bl**dy Roots , one of their more famous songs).
Not only pop fans here. Sepultura rock! but not as much as Pantera.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 8th 2003, 1:24 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Ceri.......not sure if this is any use but here goes anyway. Did a bit of a search and came up with this.......call me a duffer if I've got it completely wrong...could be completely the wrong place..

http://<br /> <a href="http://premi...&state=QLD</a>
Old Oct 8th 2003, 1:26 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger.........didn't work
Old Oct 8th 2003, 1:29 pm
....is FAB

Try again.......

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Ticke...plex&state=QLD
Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:32 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by artep
Try again.......

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Ticke...plex&state=QLD
Cheers
Do you know I booked the tickets off ticketek online.. and I never saw that link (I must be blind!)

Why I asked because most concerts here.. you can not smoke, and as for drink.. you can only drink in a certain area. Mind you nobody takes no notice of the rules at rock concerts.. last concert I went to here was Alice Cooper (open air) - we were all smoking and drinking ..lol, but we did hide it when the big Maori security came walking past (you don't mess with them!!)

I see Max boyce is here too - but he's not coming to Brisbane.. the b*gger.

Cheers
Old Oct 9th 2003, 8:03 am
....is FAB

You're welcome!! Glad to be of assistance!