Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Areas within Williamstown for tomorrow (Sunday 04/09)???

Areas within Williamstown for tomorrow (Sunday 04/09)???

Old Sep 3rd 2005, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

PhilShila will become famous soon enoughPhilShila will become famous soon enough
Default Areas within Williamstown for tomorrow (Sunday 04/09)???

We're in Melbourne validating visas and doing a bit of a look around. Went looking at 'burbs today - did Mordialloc, Brighton, Hampton, St. Kilda East, Caulfield - but they all look much of a muchness when you just drive around the main street and a few residential streets, and you don't get any feel for what living there might be like.

Tomorrow we've decided to have a look a Williamstown. Can anyone give us a bit more focus on where to go to get a better feel of the place - and perhaps even down to recommended streets to have a look at? Had a look on the estate agents sites and it looks expensive, but I know a few on here have mentioned it, so I guess there must be affordable areas too?

Cheers

Phil
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Areas within Williamstown for tomorrow (Sunday 04/09)???

Errrm, You need 500,000 Aud just to buy into the basic acceptable place in Willy. Personally I love the place, but It's not worth that.

You can get all the atmosphere and more, living in most inner Northern suburb parts of Melbourne, at about 10-15 pct or more less.

Why buy a place on the fringes of Willy, well within 15 mins drive even, like spotswood or newport. for 380,000 aud, when a place within 15 mins of Carlton would cost you 320,000 and possibly go up even faster.

Tip look at Fawkner, and Glenroy

both inner city, and the last inner city places to hit the property bubble.