Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

areas in wa with a real community feel???

areas in wa with a real community feel???

Old May 23rd 2009, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

macy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nice
Default areas in wa with a real community feel???

Hi everyone,

we recently came over for our reccie, hoping to move to Perth this year, we really really loved it, my only concern is that alot of areas dont seem to have much of a community feel, although i expect this comes with time when you make friends, places like Rockingham, which i know some people dont like is lovely on a Sunday, the parks are buzzy with familys ect, but been put off with the reputation it seems to have, could anyone recommend an area? I know its hard, were looking from Joodalup, down to mandurah or roleystone/hills, although do love the beaches!! i want to focus more on the community feel, sorry to be a pain but any help would be good, thanks a lot, we have a 7 year old My husband will get a job near to where ever we decide to live so just focusing on that at the moment, fank u forgot to say margaret river seems nice but a bit worried it may be to quiet, i know im a nightmare :/ im driving myself insane

Last edited by macy1; May 23rd 2009 at 3:58 am.
Old May 23rd 2009, 4:07 am
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: areas in wa with a real community feel???

Originally Posted by macy1
Hi everyone,

we recently came over for our reccie, hoping to move to Perth this year, we really really loved it, my only concern is that alot of areas dont seem to have much of a community feel, although i expect this comes with time when you make friends, places like Rockingham, which i know some people dont like is lovely on a Sunday, the parks are buzzy with familys ect, but been put off with the reputation it seems to have, could anyone recommend an area? I know its hard, were looking from Joodalup, down to mandurah or roleystone/hills, although do love the beaches!! i want to focus more on the community feel, sorry to be a pain but any help would be good, thanks a lot, we have a 7 year old My husband will get a job near to where ever we decide to live so just focusing on that at the moment, fank u forgot to say margaret river seems nice but a bit worried it may be to quiet, i know im a nightmare :/ im driving myself insane
If your after an area with a community feel then your better off looking in an area where theres a high number of expats, Rockingham and its surrounds for instance is a good place to start. I find the Aussies aren't into the community feel as much as other nationalities. You often see them come home from work, open the remote control garage, and drive in. You then wont see them till the next morning when the remote control garge door opens and they drive off to work.
Old May 23rd 2009, 4:44 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Kalamunda
Old May 23rd 2009, 6:23 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by macy1
Hi everyone,

Marble Bar , Fitzroy Crossing ,Wolf Creek or Woop Woop

Last edited by mohogony; May 23rd 2009 at 6:26 am.
Old May 23rd 2009, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

Jurien Bay between Geraldton and Perth.Laid back lifestyle,fishing,surfing etc.New home for sale as owners going back to scotland 4x2 large block .
Old May 23rd 2009, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Kalamunda
Come on now Amazulu lets try to keep Kalamunda a secret, for the sake of the kids if nothing else.

Keel
Old May 23rd 2009, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

buchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant future

Geraldton is lovely everyone is so friendly
Old May 23rd 2009, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Kalamunda
Wat's fout met die plek?
Old May 23rd 2009, 10:11 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Kalamunda
I agree, many of the smaller hills communities.

To the poster who says Aussies aren't in to "community" - that's pure BS - come down to any SES or Volunteer Fire Brigade Meeting and tell that to all the people giving their free time to help the communities in which they live.
Old May 24th 2009, 12:26 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth

To the poster who says Aussies aren't in to "community" - that's pure BS - come down to any SES or Volunteer Fire Brigade Meeting and tell that to all the people giving their free time to help the communities in which they live.
I think a lot of the people who post on BE live in a different Australia to you and I.
Old May 24th 2009, 12:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Wat's fout met die plek?
Niks!
Old May 24th 2009, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth

And also all the amateur sports coaches training the kids on weeknights and umpiring on weekends, the Surf Club volunteers, the mums running the school tuck shops and clothing pools, the Meals on Wheels deliverers.

I expect they're all run by expats - aren't they ?
Old May 24th 2009, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

macy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by NickyC
And also all the amateur sports coaches training the kids on weeknights and umpiring on weekends, the Surf Club volunteers, the mums running the school tuck shops and clothing pools, the Meals on Wheels deliverers.

I expect they're all run by expats - aren't they ?
ahh thanks everyone,,i might take a look at Kalamunda, not been there yet! i generally like the feel off kids playing in a park with lots of other children and lots of fun going on, ill def keep an eye on here, thanks for you advice all
Old May 24th 2009, 3:13 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We have friends in Lesmurdie who seem to know everyone in the area. Really, it depends on how much you're willing to put in. The community isn't going to come to you, so you have to join things to get the "community feel". As for suburbs, every suburb could potentially have this.
Old May 24th 2009, 3:28 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
Jurien Bay between Geraldton and Perth.Laid back lifestyle,fishing,surfing etc.New home for sale as owners going back to scotland 4x2 large block .
IF it has such a great lifestyle why are they going back to Scotland?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.